No announcement yet.

ALI ON ROAST! Ali is a funny dude!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    The 3rd fight? It's not like the score mattered. I had it 1-3 for Ali, 4-9 for Frazier, and then 10-13 for Ali. Something like that. I know you didn't ask, but I'd thought I share. I know the first 3 rounds for Ali, the middle rounds for frazier, and then the late ones for Ali.

It's the best heavyweight fight I've seen. Bowe-Holyfield 1 comes close, but Ali-Frazier 3 was remarkable.
    Thanks, Just wanted to know cuz I'm gonna rewatch it. Last I saw it I thought it was VERY close. That was years ago.

Comment

It was an even fight in the sense it was really back and forth. Ali would take the begining, then he would lose the middle, and then he would win the end. Such a great fight...

Comment

Ali should've just been content that he was the more skilled fighter, with the bigger fanbase, bigger paydays, and was more charasmatic.

Joe was just a quiet, humble, hardworker who never had the celebrity friends, or gigantic fanbase that Muhammad had.

If it wasn't for Frazier, it's possible Ali would be a footnote in Heavyweight history instead of one of the key figures. It was Frazier who testified infront of Congress to help get Ali's license back, it was Frazier who gave Ali money from his own pocket when he was desperate to feed his family, and it was Frazier who put Ali back on the grand stage with their trilogy.

How does Ali repay him? By continually rubbing Joe's nose in **** for the rest of his life, calling him an "uncle tom", making fun of his appearance, imitating his voice to sound like a ******, etc...... There's a certain point when a man should do the right thing and seperate business from pleasure.

Almost as bad were the so called "fans" who supported Frazier in the first Ali fight, the right-wingers whos only wanted to see Ali lose the match because he dodged the draft. They had no ****ing use for Frazier once he beat Ali, and quickly abandoned him.

I get so heated when I talk about the entire Ali/Frazier trilogy.

Comment

At least I get comfort from watching Joe land that bomb of a left hook in my sig video.

Comment

Working...
          X