No Choice: Calzaghe Must Face Kessler Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, Kessler couldn’t Knockout Mundine.

Comment

Sakio Bika was underfeated before calzaghe beat him. I wouldn't call bika an easy fight. Bika could possibly give kessler a tough time if not beat kessler.

Well, he really was because he was ripped off in that one fight where they gave it to the other guy. From my sources I heard bika kicked the crap out of Sam Soliman... But was robbed in australia big time... So basically calzaghe fought a tough guy
      Last edited by EliteSoldier; 03-27-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
        Segio bika was undefeated before calzaghe beat him. I wouldn't call bika an easy fight. Bika could possibly give kessler a tough time if not beat kessler.
        So true. Bika going around saying Kessler is better than Joe, but if Bike fought Kessler, Kessler just might be exposed, and Bika exposed for talking crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          Don't even fathom to begin making the case for Kessler being a better fighter than Lacy. You and I know that would be just about the most absurd thing of all time. I'm not going to run down a list of Lacy's opposition....he's done far more than Kessler has in their respective careers so far.
          Kessler has a better resume than Lacy's. I don't even see how you can dispute. Besides their resumes, Kessler is just a more well rounded fighter. His power is decent, his defense is very good, he can use the ring, he has a nice jab, good speed. Lacy was just power with no Plan B when he couldn't land...

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
            The real reason Most YANKS want this fight.. is the sting of pride they felt when Calzaghe embarressed Lacy and ultimately embarressed all the people who picked LACY to win..
            In their minds Kessler offers some sort of retirbution.. Why I dont know?
            In fact I am sure that is the same reason alot of people are picking Manfredo Jr..Which is only sure to sting their pride further..

However Our little SIG banner stealing freind.. $iN.. makes a valid point that I feel this fight will be forced..
            Actually, betting on Calzaghe against Lacy was one of the surest bets I've ever made in boxing. It was easy money...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              Kessler has a better resume than Lacy's. I don't even see how you can dispute. Besides their resumes, Kessler is just a more well rounded fighter. His power is decent, his defense is very good, he can use the ring, he has a nice jab, good speed. Lacy was just power with no Plan B when he couldn't land...
              Lacy's jab and defense is underrated, Calzaghe threw him off his gameplan in the first 10 seconds of the fight, but you saw what Lacy's straight shots were doing to Tsypko in the first 2 rounds of the fight, BEFORE he tore his rotator cuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
                Lacy's jab and defense is underrated, Calzaghe threw him off his gameplan in the first 10 seconds of the fight, but you saw what Lacy's straight shots were doing to Tsypko in the first 2 rounds of the fight, BEFORE he tore his rotator cuff.
                His power is there, obviously. But when a skilled fighter takes that away, he's done. Kessler would beat Lacy like he did Andrade...

Comment

His power is there, obviously. But when a skilled fighter takes that away, he's done. Kessler would beat Lacy like he did Andrade...
                  Kessler doesn't have the in-fighting ability to beat Lacy like he did Andrade, once you neutralize Kessler's jab he's ****ed.

I'm not saying he won't beat Lacy, because he probably would, but it won't be as easy for him as it was for Joe, the difference in styles is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
                    Kessler doesn't have the in-fighting ability to beat Lacy like he did Andrade, once you neutralize Kessler's jab he's ****ed.

I'm not saying he won't beat Lacy, because he probably would, but it won't be as easy for him as it was for Joe, the difference in styles is obvious.
                    I agree. I just meant he would use that same gameplan he used against Andrade and it would be equally successful against Lacy...

Comment

Its easy to say that now. But Calzaghe should be given the credit for making him look ****. I've no doubt that Lacy is an excellent fighter, just like everyone supposed before the Calzaghe fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X