Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva fought against doctors orders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Gorrilla, wasn't it you who was hatin on Silva yesterday and said "he needs to quit duckin the 205ers?" LOL

But congrats to both men, Sonnen scared the **** outta me. He was the man tonight but he just doesn't have what it takes to be champ. Makes small mistakes that will always cost him. Funny cuz in the Fhilo fight he was gonna let his arm get broken but tonight he tapped when he only had a minute left. If your winning and only have a minute left, motha****er break my arm, and you can still lay on him for the rest of the round.

Silva has been exposed as not being undefeated. He relies too much on speed and flex and thats why I think Vitor's going to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
      Actually Sonne just said he believes Anderson was injured because he expected much more opposition from him
      First off, where was this ??. Second, he was surprised of course, of how easy he manhandled him, after all, he believed the Anderson is unbeatable hype, not down playing Silva abilities or win. The first punch that knocked him down was the reason he was wobbly and acting weird when Sonnen caught him later without reply, again, in the first. That's it, then it all came down to Sonnen tiring Silva round by round. The rib excuse, please, its just that, an excuse, he got caught by a wrestler, he may have not expected it as none of us did but that doesn't mean he neglected the fact that Sonnen might have exchanged with him.

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
      Or maybe you really don't know anything about grappling. Left his arm? where do you think he could have put his arm? inside silva stomach? Maybe if Silva had a vagina he could have hided it there but that arm is one that is TRAPPED.

Sonnen was using a textbook triangle escape and one thing you can do to prevent someone from escaping in that situation is grab the leg and or turn it into an triangle-armbar..

there isn't anything luck about that, there's knowledge and execution.

You learn that escape and that counter in your first month training BJJ.

this^^ fight just happened last week...

the guy steps over to escape and you grab his leg and turn it into a triangle-armbar
      Textbook triangle escape yeah, he did, but he got sloppy and left his arm there, he could have tried to bend the arm to the side to counter Silva's yank anything but he got sloppy. Yeah you grab the arm to pull off a triangle choke but still, he could have done something but got caught. Improv, does the word ring any bells, Sonnen tapped because of the yank, he was getting out of the triangle and Silva saw that and improvised with the arm.

Comment

This was the funniest fight of the year! PURE ENTERTAINMENT! I was busting up laughing all night! Sonnen was using some moves from the WWF. Those 2 hand ear ringers, 1 handed ***** slaps, knees to the butt.that **** had me rolling! HAAHHAAHH! Well i was smoking some sour diesel they may have had something to do with it. lol. But ****. FIGHT AGAIN! Who gives a **** who wins as long as these guys fight on the main even cards I'm buying!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ainokea View Post
          This was the funniest fight of the year! PURE ENTERTAINMENT! I was busting up laughing all night! Sonnen was using some moves from the WWF. Those 2 hand ear ringers, 1 handed ***** slaps, knees to the butt.that **** had me rolling! HAAHHAAHH! Well i was smoking some sour diesel they may have had something to do with it. lol. But ****. FIGHT AGAIN! Who gives a **** who wins as long as these guys fight on the main even cards I'm buying!!!!
          you sound like a great fight fan.

but yeah rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post

Textbook triangle escape yeah, he did, but he got sloppy and left his arm there, he could have tried to bend the arm to the side to counter Silva's yank anything but he got sloppy. Yeah you grab the arm to pull off a triangle choke but still, he could have done something but got caught. Improv, does the word ring any bells, Sonnen tapped because of the yank, he was getting out of the triangle and Silva saw that and improvised with the arm.
            Man, bjj is a chess match. You do one move your opponent counters it and you counter the counter your opponent used.

That's what happened. Sonnen escaped the triangle and Anderson went for the arm...

And no, I'm not arguing with you that Chael could have done better, but he isn't a good bjj fighter... he uses his wrestling and his punches to prevent subs and that's it. STILL, he went for the textbook triangle escape that I mentioned and got caught in the subsequent move.

That's bjj for ya.

Peace.
            Last edited by PopoFreitas; 08-08-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Just found this video. Watch and learn.

Comment

silva should be glad that wasnt shogun in there. he woulda got ktfo

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Dude pulls out a come from behind victory over a lay n pray fighter and you guys are still hating. LOL....
                  Honestly, it's what the doctor ordered. And the doctor in this case is Dana ****ing White. Silva needed a wake up call, a humbling beatdown. And tonight is what he got. But I didn't doubt for a second that he wouldn't recover from Sonnen's blows. I realized that when Silva was absorbing all of Sonnen's punches, he was just waiting for the perfect moment to end it. And end it, he did. Masterfully, and beautifully.

Comment

sonnon has no chin...silva dropped him with any punch that landed even a mid elbow

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                      reported for racism
                      What would be racist about typing in Japanese あほ的な奴?

Comment

Working...
                      X