No announcement yet.

Who's prime is more overrated ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    You know i'm not a fan of Wlad, but he will eventually make some peoples ATg lists ( not mine) because he was dominant in this era. Even if this is a below average era for HW's he still has dominated it. I wouldn't give him much of a chance against other greats though.

You can't have guys like Dempsey and Johnson on an ATG list either though, they have just as many loopholes as Wlad's resume, such as poor competition, bad losses etc.
    But again, I don't make my ratings bases soley on resume: It's only one factor and not even the the top one at that.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Tyson's.....because his rabid fans portray him as the GOAT because he got quickie KOs over Trever Berbick calibre fighters.....then when it occurs to them that Berbick was crap and a C class fighter at best they go through contortions to transform Berbick from a crap C class fighter into a credible opponent.

Poet
      I just watched the Muhammad Ali-Berbick fight.

The one where an 40 year old, Parkinson's Ali acually won 3-4 rounds out of 10 rounds.

Your right about the class of fighter Berbick was.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
        I just watched the Muhammad Ali-Berbick fight.

The one where an 40 year old, Parkinson's Ali acually won 3-4 rounds out of 10 rounds.

Your right about the class of fighter Berbick was.
        Trevor Berbick certainly wasn't one of the best title holders.

Berbick made all kinds of excuses about the Tyson loss, claiming he had been poisoned and that the fight was a fix. He said the knockout punch never landed on him...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Trevor Berbick certainly wasn't one of the best title holders.

Berbick made all kinds of excuses about the Tyson loss, claiming he had been poisoned and that the fight was a fix. He said the knockout punch never landed on him...
          Berbick was not mentally stable. And I'm not being facetious. He really was crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Berbick was not mentally stable. And I'm not being facetious. He really was crazy.
            True. The Holmes-Berbick brawl (not the actual fight) is still one of the most hilarious incidents in boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Tyson's.....because his rabid fans portray him as the GOAT because he got quickie KOs over Trever Berbick calibre fighters.....then when it occurs to them that Berbick was crap and a C class fighter at best they go through contortions to transform Berbick from a crap C class fighter into a credible opponent.

Poet
              Couldn't agree more but im a huge tyson fan he could have been the GOAT if took boxing more seroiusly in my imo. After Cus D'Amato died he fell apart..

Comment

Working...
              X