No announcement yet.

Who ranks high? Erik Morales or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
    No, he fought Pacquiao four times and lost twice, drew once, and won once.
    Idiot the third fight was a robbery and in the first, except the one round, Marquez ripped Pacquiao in the 11 rounds.

There is not doubt, Marquez won the rivalry vs Pacquiao.

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
    While Morales did win Morales-Pac 1. I had it a close fight wth Morales winning. Pac suffered a big cut from clashing heads and that affected the bout. Take away that nasty cut..and well you never know.

But sorry.... Morales couldn't defeat pac after that. Pac was just getting better and focused on becoming more of a complete fighter after that.

Regarding the thread,...I'd pick Morales just because I think he was more better in his prime weight.
    That cut was not nothing to PAcquiao, ****, man, is PAcquiao, no ****in MAtthysse.With that or not, Morales will be the winner because in that time he was in prime, or in a good condition.

Erik had all the tools in prime to defeat pacquiao like he did in the first fight.

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Are we all forgetting about the Morales tainted meat debacle? What happened with that
    That was at the end of Morales, and that situation is a great problem in Mexico, Vargas had the same problem too and was clean.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Oh i know the story...but he had issues making 130?? was that just an excuse for losing to Manny the 2nd time?? because he looked like **** at 135 and lost to ****ing David Diaz
      Yep he had, Morales was a monster in 122 and 126 pounds, a little in 130, but up of this weight he lost tools like speed, agility and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Yep he had, Morales was a monster in 122 and 126 pounds, a little in 130, but up of this weight he lost tools like speed, agility and power.
        Marquez > Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
          Marquez. He beat Pacquiao and Barrera. And is a 4x Division Champion.
          Morales has done all those things as well though and he did it first.

Actually, now that I think about it, Marquez is only a 3 division champion.
          Last edited by The Comic DON; 12-21-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Lets stick to reality. Marquez is nobody without 4 Manny fights.

The easy and clear choice is Morales.

Comment

Marquez had more consistency than morales; and he's never been KOd

Only was schooled by Mayweather

Even at 40 years old, he gave Tim Bradley all he could handle getting a split decision loss and landing more power shots

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                Morales has done all those things as well though and he did it first.

Actually, now that I think about it, Marquez is only a 3 division champion.
                Marquez is a 4 division champ

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  Marquez beat Barrera to...He also beat Casamayor,Salido,Rocky Juarez and Juan Diaz....Who all did Morales beat exactly?
                  Daniel Zaragoza, Kevin Kelly, Jesus Chavez, Wayne McCullough, Paulie Ayala, Junior Jones, Carlos Hernandez, In Jin Chi, Hector Acero Sanchez, Jose Luis Bueno. All champions. He wasn't much moving up. Didn't have any real significant wins above 130, but from 122-130, he had one hell of a run. As you point out, Marquez had more success at the higher weights. They had very different careers, both ATGs easy. I would say Pac was the biggest win on both of their ledgers.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    No, he fought Pacquiao four times and lost twice, drew once, and won once.
                    robbed. just like you guys say krusher was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
                      Marquez is a 4 division champ
                      Featherweight
                      Junior Lightweight
                      Lightweight

He hasn't won a title pass these divisions friend. Know your boxing before challenging the Don.

Comment

Working...
                      X