Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
    I commend Golovkin for being the fighter he is, there's no doubt he hasn't beat a elite opossition kind of guy but he's destroying what they put in front of him.

I think he's good for boxing and I like his style, he's always aiming for the KO, but in all honesty he needs to start being a little less businessman if he really wants to get the big fights and the marquee names.

Golovkin needs to pay his opponents well if he wants to be less avoided, if his team keeps being greedy he won't get big fights who cuold've been made.

And not just he, but all fighters need to put foot on earth and realize that they no Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao's, everyone has to be realistic with their purses and stop asking money that doesn't exist.

For the sake of boxing.
    Being greedy?
    Danny boy holds the fake WBA title he unfortunately isn't as big a name in boxing thanks to the so Ward/Floyd fans who only support from the comfort of their home and third party streams that put nothing towards these athletes MAYBE If those so called fans of the sport got behind him he'd actually get a higher percentage but as things stand he is getting a few million but.... "Greedy" stop talking out your backside.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      What did Wade have to put up?
      Wade was next in line as a mandatory after the injury of the first contender. Wade got paid for what he is worth.

And?

Comment

"Why hasnt g signed his offer sheet to fight Canelo? Odh should offer 75/25 its fair when thats what he pays, but its not fair when its done to him...These fan-boys keep getting exposed"

Are you talking about the $10m fixed offer? No percentage offer?

Comment

Hope the Jacobs fight happens. GGG 3rd round KO if it does. If Mora can drop him than GGG will put the lights out once he hits that chin.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Wade was a mando, same as Jacobs. So if Jacobs wants the same $500k that Wade got, Im sure K2 would agree to that this afternoon.

Now if your argument is that Jacobs deserves 4 or 5 times the purse Wade got, then make your case and lets hear it.

But I'm guessing you wont......
            Its amzing that your kind doesn't see anything with Jacobs stance. How does it benefit Jacobs to take a fight with GGG, for less money than he made with Quillen? That's the problem with the way GGG and his team handle his career. He's not willing to make any concessions, regardless of who the potential opponent is. The guy has a cushy deal with HBO. And he has a delusional, idiotic fanbase that's gonna blindly support anythinf he does.

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
              "Why hasnt g signed his offer sheet to fight Canelo? Odh should offer 75/25 its fair when thats what he pays, but its not fair when its done to him...These fan-boys keep getting exposed"

Are you talking about the $10m fixed offer? No percentage offer?
              U make it sound like $10,000,000 isn't SHT! I'm sure 99% of all the other boxers would take that. Sht Jacobs would find about 100 pens to sign for that. I don't think any fighter that Floyd fought made that much except Manny.
              Last edited by Shadoww702; 10-15-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                All it means is he's getting back in the gym for a fight in Dec.

So they're both on camp. The fight is happening

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
                  Wade was next in line as a mandatory after the injury of the first contender. Wade got paid for what he is worth.

And?
                  Wade shouldn't of been paid SHT. IMO these damn organizations should stop and start with the #1. And quit going down the list just to make a quick $$$. If #1 ranked Mando isn't ready or Injured let the other fighter pick the best fight available! Don't force a sht fight on the ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Its amzing that your kind doesn't see anything with Jacobs stance. How does it benefit Jacobs to take a fight with GGG, for less money than he made with Quillen? That's the problem with the way GGG and his team handle his career. He's not willing to make any concessions, regardless of who the potential opponent is. The guy has a cushy deal with HBO. And he has a delusional, idiotic fanbase that's gonna blindly support anythinf he does.
                    why do you folks insist on the crazy notion that because Haymon overpaid Jacobs for 1 fight, the rest of the boxing industry has to continue that practice until the end of time? Other than "but but but Quillin doe", you cant make a cohesive argument as to what Jacobs brings to the dance that would warrant a multi-million payday.

Based on gate and viewership numbers, Jacobs market value is more in keeping with the $500k or so that he just got for the Mora rematch, and even that was generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      U make it sound like $10,000,000 isn't SHT! I'm sure 99% of all the other boxers would take that. Sht Jacobs would find aboutb100 pensbto sign for that. I don't think any fighter that Floyd fought made that much except Manny.
                      wrong. Both Cotto and Alvarez made well over $10 million. And of course Oscar did, but that goes without saying

Comment

Working...
                      X