No announcement yet.

HOLY CRAP, vitali better stay away from haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    No, I actually wasn't expecting anything from Haye in that fight, and that's exactly what a I saw, absolutely nothing.

What I'm saying is that Haye is a good CW, or even a good HW against guys that are not a lot taller than him. Haye has some good speed, but the thing is that he can't use that speed if he can't close the gap with his rival. Today Chisora did half the job by just trying to bully Haye, but as I've said against the K bros that won't happen because they like to use their range to beat their opponents.

Haye couldn't do anything against Wlad because he knew that if he was caught by one power shot while closing the distance, he was going to get hurt. As I've said, styles make fights.
    The Haye - Wlad fight had more to do with Wlad being brilliant than Haye's weaknesses in my opinion. Against any other fighter (even Vitali) Haye has weapons, but Wlad has perfected the style of keeping a smaller fighter at a distance. Even if Haye was head and shoulders above every other heavyweight out there he'd still lose to Wlad.

The error in that fight was to assume that Haye didn't have anything to back up all his trash talk. He's a very good HW in my opinion and I'd definitely give him a chance against Vitali. Some of the stuff he pulled off tonight (the two hooks then ducking out the way of Chisora's counter, the left that rocked Chisora for the first knockdown, etc.) is beyond what most other heavyweights can do, far less ones that have the power Haye does.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
      Haye is ENTERING his prime Right now. The guy only had 4 hw fights and 25 wins total going up against an experienced champion.
      I partly agree with this, I think he took on the Klitschkos way too early. Even though Vitali has slowed down Haye still can get KO'd so he will have to give the fight of his life if he wants to defeat Vitali.

Comment

The first left cross/hook was just devastating, i was very suprised chisora got up from that. I hope he recovers and gets more experience because he has a lot of potential. As for Haye, he will probably retire and then come back next year for Fury or someone lol.

Comment

You guys need to calm down already. Vitali and Wladimir are on another level compared to Chisora and there is no way Haye is knocking out Vitali. Haye can probably hit Vitali with some clean shots but that will never be enough. Chisora was fighting like an amatuer and what is up with those hammer shots lol?

I want to see the Haye-Vitali fight as much as the next man but as soon as Vitali enters the ring, you will come back to earth.

Comment

Wladimir would have koed Chisora even more easily I think, also Vitali beats Haye

Comment

Originally posted by blank_frackis View Post
              The Haye - Wlad fight had more to do with Wlad being brilliant than Haye's weaknesses in my opinion. Against any other fighter (even Vitali) Haye has weapons, but Wlad has perfected the style of keeping a smaller fighter at a distance. Even if Haye was head and shoulders above every other heavyweight out there he'd still lose to Wlad.

The error in that fight was to assume that Haye didn't have anything to back up all his trash talk. He's a very good HW in my opinion and I'd definitely give him a chance against Vitali. Some of the stuff he pulled off tonight (the two hooks then ducking out the way of Chisora's counter, the left that rocked Chisora for the first knockdown, etc.) is beyond what most other heavyweights can do, far less ones that have the power Haye does.
              No you've got it all wrong. Wlad is just a bad style match-up for Haye because he is SO cautious, which Haye also is. Wlad constantly stayed just at the end of his range, thumping that jab, but was ready at a seconds notice to move back away from Haye's shots. Wlad did simply what he needed to do to win, he didn't get stupid and he stayed tight the entire 12 rounds, it was actually Haye who had to gamble (But not enough). To beat wlad Haye needs to work on his no apparent inside game, it's as simple as that.

Comment

Wlad proved he can control Haye. He could fight like he did against Thompson and Mormeck and be aggressive, but he doesn't have to. I suspect a rematch would go the same way, Wlad dominant in fairly dull fight.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  No you've got it all wrong. Wlad is just a bad style match-up for Haye because he is SO cautious, which Haye also is. Wlad constantly stayed just at the end of his range, thumping that jab, but was ready at a seconds notice to move back away from Haye's shots. Wlad did simply what he needed to do to win, he didn't get stupid and he stayed tight the entire 12 rounds, it was actually Haye who had to gamble (But not enough). To beat wlad Haye needs to work on his no apparent inside game, it's as simple as that.

See, I dont think you can have an inside game against Wlad. He doesnt give anyone the chance to get any inside game going when they get that close.

IMO Wlad's biggest weapon against the smaller guys is that little half step back he does when they move in, he just steps right out of range and pokes out his jab as hes going backwards. In that little clip you have where Haye gets to Wlad, Wlad was slightly off balance and didnt have time to move backwards.

Comment

Not impressed with Chisora and his wide punches.
                    Ill give Haye credit for taking him out. This is now Chisoras fourth loss though. Hes clearly not a top heavyweight. Why is is Vitali supposed to fight Haye now?

Comment

vitali dominates haye worse than wlad did.

wtf is wrong with people?

Comment

Working...
                      X