Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominic Breazeale Not Happy Wilder Fight Is On Showtime As DAZN Offered 6 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic Breazeale Not Happy Wilder Fight Is On Showtime As DAZN Offered 6 Million

In an interview Breazeale was asked his opinion on Wilder rejecting 20mil to fight him which guaranteed him a shot at AJ even if Breazeale won and total package was 120mil and about the 6mil he was offered. Breazeale replied he had no idea he was offered 6mil and it was never brought to his attention. He said if the offer was real then he isn’t best pleased as that is a lot of money but when on to state that Wilder should have accepted the 120mil as Wilder will never get and offer like that again and he hopes after he beats Wilder he gets the same offer to fight AJ himself in a big rematch.

Judging from reports Breazeale is expected to be making around 3 mil total for this fight so that’s 50% of what DAZN offered and would indicate Wilder is making around 10mil based on the 70/30 split. As Haymon is also Breazeale’s advisor, why didn’t he also advise him on how much DAZN was offering? I know they are catering to keep Wilder happy but what about Breazeales interests?
    Last edited by NahMean; 03-21-2019, 04:43 AM.

Video interview?

Comment

Originally posted by trilltexas View Post
      Video interview?
      Yea on twitter but cant post link I'm using phone

Comment

wilder's stupid decisions effecting his opponent too lol.

Comment

Breazeale opinion Really doesn’t mean sh.it

Even though they’ve tried to build him up , He has no fans /buzz or Clout ,

Beat Wilder then what Breazeale has to doesn’t
          Matter ; but right now it doesn’t , Breazeale in no way shape or form deserves a 6 mil payday

WTF was Dazn thinking , offering 26 mil for a Wilder /Breazeale Fight.

Comment

I don't know the WBC rules but Breazeale can't be that stupid to not know what was on the table for him from DAZN.

Fury v Wilder was ORDERED by the WBC at a 60/40 split.

Even if Wilder v Breazeale was only ordered at 70/30 for Wilder, we know Deyonce was offered $20m.

70% of $29m is $20m for Deyonce.

30% of $29m is $8m for Breazeale.

Breazeale cannot be stupid enough to take $3m instead of letting it go to purse bids for around $5-8m instead.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              I don't know the WBC rules but Breazeale can't be that stupid to not know what was on the table for him from DAZN.

Fury v Wilder was ORDERED by the WBC at a 60/40 split.

Even if Wilder v Breazeale was only ordered at 70/30 for Wilder, we know Deyonce was offered $20m.

70% of $29m is $20m for Deyonce.

30% of $29m is $8m for Breazeale.

Breazeale cannot be stupid enough to take $3m instead of letting it go to purse bids for around $5-8m instead.
              He may be stupid when it comes to this stuff. So he employs an adviser.

If said adviser failed to advise him appropriately that might be a problem.

Hence his complaint.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm not sure he was offered $6M. I think someone just grabbed that from Hearn's IFL interview where he posed the question.

But you're right that he could have gone to purse bids. Would DAZN have spent that kind of money on a standalone fight though? The 20 only really worked if they also got the Joshua fights tied up.

Comment

Even if that's true, it's not Wilder's responsibility to do what's in another fighter's best interest. You want money, win the big fights. Then you make the calls.

Comment

Wonder what all those people that were so concerned about what breazle was getting from dazn have to say now

Comment

Working...
                    X