Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather right now is a bigger draw than Oscar ever was.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hesitate to say this because the fight hasn't happened yet. Also De La Hoya fought more often at his peak of popularity and was on PPV more often so this naturally left him with fewer buyers.

In 04 he had two ppv's within 3 months of each other Sturm and then Hopkins.

In 03 he had two ppv's within 4 months of each other Mosely and Campas

Floyd has made it public that he doesn't want to fight that often (I think he said once a year) so each of his fights is in higher demand from his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 49-0 View Post
      People watched Oscar because they liked him & wanted to see him do well. Most people watch Floyd in the hope he's going to get put on his ass & get his mouth broke ! Just the way it is my friend.
      I watched Oscar to see him lose buddy

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
        Come on ppl, If some **** that nobody asked for like Mayweather/Jmm did 1.1 million what do you think Mayweather/Mosley is gonna do. I think it will do 2mill.
        I think it would do 1.4M roughly. I attributing that 1.1M on the interest due to Mayweather's return. If it does 2M, I'd be wrong but happy. It will be good for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          That's not what I am saying though. Obviously Oscar had a prolonged career but right now at this very moment, Floyd is more popular than Oscar ever was. People want to see him fight, win or lose, they still buy it. The guy is going to go 900k against hatton, 1 million against Marquez, 1.5 million or higher vs Shane, and probably rattle off a few more million buy ppvs and if he fights Pac a fight that could maybe do like 2.5 million. He is more popular than Oscar.
          Not really fair for you to compare both of them because Oscar is helping to promote Floyd. Technology has made it so easy for boxing to promote fights. Just image if Oscar had access to 24/7, internet is more accessible to people, etc.

Do you think Floyd would be able to sell millions in the 90's? Don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
            I dig the 24-7.

But what did Oscar-Pacquiao do? What would Floyd-pacquiao do?

What did mayweather-Marquez do? What would Oscar-Marquez do?
            It is not fair to compare Oscar-Pac and Floyd-Pac because of the negative effect that Pac-Oscar had at the time. Everybody was against the fight because they thought Oscar was cherry picking a smaller fighter and ducking Margarito. People were really ****ting on that fight calling it a mismatch a circus and all the ****...

A fair comparison might be Oscar-Pacquiao to Floyd-JMM at the time.... Pac was not as popular as he is now. And, he got that popularity just like Floyd did a 24/7 against Oscar. Before Oscar Pac biggest PPV was against JMM. Both Oscar and Floyd were fighting a LW who skipped a weight-class who wasn't a LW at the time... Oscar PPV did better... That is a more fair comparison... Both, Pac and JMM was coming off 2 great KO's... JMM was coming off FOTY and both fights were getting trashed by the media. But, Oscar still did better...

Comment

Fact: As boring of a fighter as Flyod is, he doesnt have much fans.
              Fact: Its gonna be mostly Shanes fans gonna be watching it live and ppv.
              Fact: Flyod vs Mosley will be lucky if it breaks 1M buys.
              Fact: People watch Flyod fight to lose, not to win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                I watched Oscar to see him lose buddy
                I think a lot of people watch Oscar to see him lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingholic View Post

Stop posting ******ed ****...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingholic View Post
                      If that's true, the ppv won't even top 500k, Shane has a small fan base. I don't understand why some of you harp on people wanting to see him lose. Obviously, people tune in to see him lose, that's why he talks ****. Floyd wants to piss you off so much that you build a real dislike for him, that it would kill you to miss a chance to see him lose, so you have to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                      X