Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decisions a Bloody Chris Eubank Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I regret not betting more, I was shocked that bookies had Eubank the favourite. Eubank Jr got absolutely schooled.

Comment

• Fair play and congratulations to George Groves, but I do wonder if? The share toughness and intensity of Chris Eubank Junior has taxed his body, there is just something about him in his video which is very alarming! He looks and sounds completely beaten energetically.....

Chris Eubank Junior could easily do very well at 160 pounds, and I believe he would STILL beat Canelo Alvarez and Gennedy Golovkin! Chris Eubank Junior does not have serious single shot punching power! But he was still able to back up George George Groves, who is a big and strong Super Middleweight!

I would not be surprised if this is George Groves last big win!

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        Fair play and congratulations to George Groves, but I do wonder if? The share toughness and intensity of Chris Eubank Junior has taxed his body, there is just something about him in his video which is very alarming! He looks and sounds completely beaten energetically.....

Chris Eubank Junior could easily do very well at 160 pounds, and I believe he would STILL beat Canelo Alvarez and Gennedy Golovkin! Chris Eubank Junior does not have serious single shot punching power! But he was still able to back up George George Groves, who is a big and strong Super Middleweight!

I would not be surprised if this is George Groves last big win!

The guy cannot punch straight, he relies on looping hooks and repetitive uppercuts on smaller guys. Groves is prob the Number 1 guy at 168 now.

He would get supremely outboxed by a guy like alvarez and GGG--Has anyone ever taught Jr. a JAB??? Groves seemed to take all of jr shots fine until the end when he was slightly gassed

Comment

• Lots of people agreeing groves won wide but when I watched fit I saw it a lot closer. Groves was certainly more accurate but he didn't connect enough and was pushed back by the smaller guy all night. Eubank I felt won anywhere between 4-6 rounds. It really was a scrappy, toss em fight.

I dunno, anyway groves v callum is he makes it, it would be huge in London or Liverpool

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            I gave Eubank 3 or maybe 4 rounds.

He looked clumsy, clueless and was clearly rocked a number of times.

No jab, no footwork, spent most of the fight following Groves like a puppy around the ring.

You need ringcraft and more than basic boxing knowledge to win a World title.

Eubank saying he doesn't need a trainer is just pathetic, he is an entitled child who has had smoke blown up his a$$ by his lunatic father.

Anyone who thinks Eubank actually won that fight needs to be confined to an asylum.
            Spot on

Comment

• This was a real coming-of-age night for Groves here I feel.

Showed discipline and stuck to the game plan and didn’t get drawn into the hype of the Eubanks. Also kept composure during the pressers and the fight and showed a lot of maturing since Froch 1&2 etc. Great performance.

Was very sceptical as McGuigan as a trainer but what they’re doing seems to be working and looks like they have a pretty solid camp.

As for Jr., can’t really see where he goes from here. Best to go back to basics. However, They’ll probably create a new Toys-R-Us belt somewhere for him to win and draw up a decent PR campaign. But I doubt even the casual fans will be fooled.

If Jr. had a bit more (actually a lot more..) humility then maybe this fall from grace wouldn’t be so bad. Think he still has something to offer boxing, but not at world level..

I had it Groves 9-3 rounds

Comment

Working...
              X