Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: Khan vs Collazo on May 3rd - Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Khan vs Collazo on May 3rd - Who you got?

A welterweight clash between former jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan and former welterweight champion Luis Collazo has been agreed to by both sides and will take place on the undercard of the highly-anticipated May 3 welterweight title unification between undefeated WBC champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather and WBA champion Marcos "El Chino" Maidana.

The news should come as no surprise to FightHype.com readers. Not long ago, sources informed us that given the choice of facing southpaw opponents Robert Guerrero or Luis Collazo, Khan preferred Collazo. Furthermore, it was revealed that, despite taking a break from training in San Francisco to return to the UK, Khan was recently spotted sparring with southpaw opponents.

According to fight hype.

Who you got??
    Amir Khan KO/TKO
    10.26%
    Amir Khan decision
    39.32%
    Luis Collazo KO/TKO
    47.86%
    Luis Collazo decision
    1.71%
    draw
    0.85%

The poll is expired.

Comment

If Khan can box and move - I think he should have this relatively easily. Collazo is not really a huge puncher, and it getting older.

Despite his quick KO of a very war torn Ortiz, I think Khan will be too much for him.

That is of course based on the assumption that Khan shows up somewhere close to his best.

Comment

Would be great if the mods could sticky this.

Comment

Voted Collazo UD, the 13 month lay off is really going to affect Khan. He might even get stopped in the later rounds.

Comment

I'll take Khan by UD in a close fight. Collazo will have his moments and he might land a hard counter to drop Khan.

Comment

I got khan via tko.

his going to be strongerer, using his words.

Comment

Louie, louie, louieee...

PRPP

Comment

King Khan to win via UD and to assert his ATG status by going on to fighting and school Fraud Duckweather Jr.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X