Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning drug cheat Neloterol will become a very good example for the sport of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
    Sorry Mr.Elroy but your opinion on roids will not be taken seriously here. hehe Much better to present it to WADA, they might take you seriously.
    because im not part of the herd

since holyfield is given a pass (and been ignored here !!!!) why not EVERYBODY else ?!?!?

Comment

Agree with OP... Some people get banned for years for failing a doping tests like Povetkin, others get away with it cause they are 'Superstars = Ca$h Cows'... WBC, WBA etc. all of those Boxing Organizations are corrupted! Mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        I'm not really following the logic of your argument, nor am I quite clear if you're engaging in some kind of mild trolling to illustrate some point or other, but as a rule of thumb I'd say the highlighted is too great a burden of proof. Merely to establish that a substance is likely give a competitive advantage in some instances should be sufficient to ban it in my book. Kinda depends on what the governing/sanctioning bodies are hoping to achieve though - is it 'fairness' within the sport, or fighter safety?
        if a person is going to fine, ban, punish, shame, etc, a person, that proof better be fncking rock solid and across the board.

or a person can be an illogical witch hunter

safety ?!?!?!
        SAFETY ?!?!?

i posted a list of guys who died in the ring...none by a roider

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
          Agree with OP... Some people get banned for years for failing a doping tests like Povetkin, others get away with it cause they are 'Superstars = Ca$h Cows'... WBC, WBA etc. all of those Boxing Organizations are corrupted! Mate.
          holyfield is a HOFer

Comment

ok, since im not a coward and am willing to do some self thinking......

https://broscience.co/clenbuterol-benefits/

''Clenbuterol Benefits: 7 Ways Clen Helps Lose Fat and Preserve Muscle''

muscle mass and fat burning....

and

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              how did it affect the sport, i mean CONCLUSIVELY and/or NEGATIVELY

meaning, who did he cheat and what did he cheat them out of

try not to use words like ''if, maybe, perhaps, might.....''

Comment

''when will he log off so i can post my rhetoric ?!?!?''

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  if a person is going to fine, ban, punish, shame, etc, a person, that proof better be fncking rock solid and across the board.

or a person can be an illogical witch hunter

safety ?!?!?!
                  SAFETY ?!?!?

i posted a list of guys who died in the ring...none by a roider
                  Why? Even under criminal law one can be prosecuted for carrying out acts that carry a probability of doing harm, even if in the vast majority of cases they do not do so. Take DUI for instance.

In any question of judgement the sentence/punishment should depend on the range of possible or probable outcomes that a reasonable person could anticipate as a result of their actions, not just on what actually occurred.

My stance on the issue of PED testing is somewhat more nuanced though. In terms of fighter safety I believe the bar should be set low, so that any artificial pharmaceutical substance/suppliment that is demonstrated to even be likely to give a competitive advantage should be banned. Also I believe the burden of proof should be set low on issues of fighter safety, so that - to take the current example - the Golovkin vs Canelo fight should (in a laughably remote 'ideal world') be postponed until any benefits Canelo might have gained if he had been using Clenbuterol as a PED would be rendered negligible by the passage of time.

On the other hand, I feel the burden of proof for punitive action (fines, bans, etc) should be much higher, and only take place (certainly on a first offense) where it can be definitively proved that a fighter willfully or through gross (on a first offense) negligence using a substance that has been demonstrated or can be reasonably expected to enhance performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Why? Even under criminal law one can be prosecuted for carrying out acts that carry a probability of doing harm, even if in the vast majority of cases they do not do so. Take DUI for instance.

In any question of judgement the sentence/punishment should depend on the range of possible or probable outcomes that a reasonable person could anticipate as a result of their actions, not just on what actually occurred.

My stance on the issue of PED testing is somewhat more nuanced though. In terms of fighter safety I believe the bar should be set low, so that any artificial pharmaceutical substance/suppliment that is demonstarted to even be likely to give a competitive advantage should be banned. Also I believe the burden of proof should be set low on issues of fighter safety, so that - to take the current example - the Golovkin vs Canelo fight should (in a laughably remote 'ideal world') be postponed until any benefits Canelo might have gained if he had been using Clenbuterol as a PED would be rendered negligible by the passage of time.

On the other hand, I feel the burden of proof for punitive action (fines, bans, etc) should be much higher, and only take place (certainly on a first offense) where it can be definitively proved that a fighter willfully or through gross (on a first offense) negligence using a substance that has been demonstrated or can be reasonably expected to enhance performance.
                    youre right....

i should have limited the range of litigation....

drinking/driving = SERVES NO PURPOSE IN SOCIETY
                    roiding/p'e'ding = making one self ''better'', PRESUMABLY

tell me why the latter is wrong

even though using the stuff is far from a recipe to success. roiders COLLECTIVE W/L % is abysmal considering

i will ask this again.....................

''fake'' muscles/real muscles....the difference ?!?!

im pointing out muscles because of you ''damage'' angle. no one is going to be damaged by a roider making weight or being to fast or being able to ABSORB a beating.

so, it has to be MUSCLE MASS that is supposed to cause the clean opponent bodily harm !!!!

roids/p'e'ds shouldnt be banned in any sport (if they want to make the field ENTIRELY level, without these bs penalties) . sports should legalize and regulate. any one who goes outside of the sport should get perma banned.

BTW, that dead list !!!! not one roider

Comment

''i cant afford to train like that guy ''

not an unfair advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X