Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ortiz an A-level fighter or a B-level fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd place Ortiz on the same level as Povetkin and Parker, genuine contender level in a weak division where guys like Wilder and AJ are marginally better.
    Using the formula that AJ and Wilder are A level (ridiculous i know) the Ortiz is a B plus.

Comment

He's the best wilder fought. So better than stiverne don't make ortiuz A level.
      He's B level

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Aj beat Wlad who looked really good. I do not think that Wilder beats the Wlad that AJ fought. Aj has a better resume and is the more skilled fighter imo.
        Guess we can agree to disagree on that. I don't think the Wlad that fought AJ was any special. I think he was grossly diminished and I believe it is the hype to make AJ's win look special that we have been hearing. I was not impressed with anything he did for the past 2 - 3 years before that fight, that fight included.

I also don't see Wlad beating Wilder - but again, we can agree to disagree on that. AJ is more technically skilled fighter. He is not more overall skilled than Wilder. Wilder brings more tools to the table than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
          Guess we can agree to disagree on that. I don't think the Wlad that fought AJ was any special. I think he was grossly diminished and I believe it is the hype to make AJ's win look special that we have been hearing. I was not impressed with anything he did for the past 2 - 3 years before that fight, that fight included.

I also don't see Wlad beating Wilder - but again, we can agree to disagree on that. AJ is more technically skilled fighter. He is not more overall skilled than Wilder. Wilder brings more tools to the table than AJ.
          What other real tools do he bring outside of right hand? In Ortiz's fight I did not see that many tools

Comment

What other real tools do he bring outside of right hand? In Ortiz's fight I did not see that many tools
            His speed, movement, tactical awareness, athleticism, ability to fight on the backfoot. Couple these with his patience, ability to weather the storm and keep his cool, court awareness during the 7th round, etc. AJ has superiority from a technique standpoint - saying otherwise will be lying. But it is the integration of all these things, i.e., tangible and intangibles, that leads to success in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Of course he's B level. He wouldn't be top 100 p4p, lost 5 times to solis, his best win is Bryant jennings and he is 38 at the very youngest. Can wilder fans please stop making out he just beat prime Lennox Lewis or some ****. It was a solid win but nowhere near what it's being made out to be.
              He struggled with a guy 7 years his senior and people are hyping this win like it's so great. When tyson fought past prime holmes who was 36 he ended him in 2 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                well what is elite to you ?

You think wilder defeats m. Tyson.

ortiz is arguably the most dangerous southpaw to ever box at hw _

wilder was on the verge to getting stopped in the 7th , surely you have to give your definition of elite bc how you come across doesn't add up .

No offence but im still not sure this is still a serious poster on here ?

stop it. Not even close.

Comment

His speed, movement, tactical awareness, athleticism, ability to fight on the backfoot. Couple these with his patience, ability to weather the storm and keep his cool, court awareness during the 7th round, etc. AJ has superiority from a technique standpoint - saying otherwise will be lying. But it is the integration of all these things, i.e., tangible and intangibles, that leads to success in the ring.
                  He has no tactical awareness. If he did, he wouldn't be getting out boxed by guys like Spilka, Washington, and Ortiz. AJ whethered the storm against a much better fighter and I am confident that, that Wlad from AJ fight would've beaten Wilder. I'm happy Wilder was able to beat Ortiz but please don't make up shot just to prop him up. This black pride thing is getting out of hand

Comment

He has no tactical awareness. If he did, he wouldn't be getting out boxed by guys like Spilka, Washington, and Ortiz. AJ whethered the storm against a much better fighter and I am confident that, that Wlad from AJ fight would've beaten Wilder. I'm happy Wilder was able to beat Ortiz but please don't make up shot just to prop him up. This black pride thing is getting out of hand
                    Black pride? Lol... AJ is black too. I like both of them. I prefer Wilder to AJ because of the undue hate the former gets. Wilder showed a lot of tactical awareness - unfortunately you don't see that. Spend sometime watching Wilder's fight and see the little things he does to avoid getting hit or to setup his opponents. Maybe then you will see the things I see. If not, oh well...

Comment

Black pride? Lol... AJ is black too. I like both of them. I prefer Wilder to AJ because of the undue hate the former gets. Wilder showed a lot of tactical awareness - unfortunately you don't see that. Spend sometime watching Wilder's fight and see the little things he does to avoid getting hit or to setup his opponents. Maybe then you will see the things I see. If not, oh well...
                      Ok, Sambo........

Comment

Working...
                      X