Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Shawn Porter being treated like a second tier fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Shawn Porter being treated like a second tier fighter?

First they tried to put Shawn Porter on the non PPV card of MayMac and now they are using him as the co main event for Wilder. I am not saying that Shawn is a superstar but i think we can all agree that at this point he is a solid enough name to headline his own events.

Now about the opponents. I understand that Shawn needed a fighter past his best after taking the L against Thurman. Andre Berto was the perfect opponent and Shawn handled business just like he was supposed to. What's the point of him facing Granados next? other than activity and stacking up the Wilder card that fight is meaningless.

I ride hard for Al Haymon but these Porter moves seem pretty questionable to me...

At least we get to see him fight, can't say the same for the other top welters.

Comment

He struggled with Juan Diaz, got outclassed by Brook, and lost to Thurman. Then you add an ugly, boorish style to that equation and you get a guy that people aren't excited to see.

He can only live off that pretty Malignaggi KO for so long.

Comment

He'll at least get to score a knockout and look really good.

Comment

Porter isn't a headliner at this point. He's not a big enough draw and he's been losing. It's up to him to win the big ones which he hasn't done.

Comment

its to give him exposure and build up his fanbase...... also hes an exciting fighter who would probably add to pbcs popularity that would explain his constantly being on free tv

Comment

Where the fuc is Danny Garcia Thurman took his zero an you have not heard of him since. Porter called him out only crickets. Come on swift its not that bad you can still fight again.

Comment

Stepped up twice and lost pretty simple.

Comment

He headlined his last two televised bouts.

Comment

He is a name but i think he needs a really good win to put himself back near the top of the division.

Him and Garcia should fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X