Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks the HW division is the only division that really matters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valero View Post
    Steam-powered televisions, fifty round bare-knuckle fights, and all the fighters had British accents even if they weren't British. Bernard Hopkins remembers it all.

bernard langford, the philli tar baby.

this is actually harry willis, but you get an idea of the fear that bernard langford instilled in "whitey."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        This thread makes no sense. Troll.
        If this thread makes no sense, why are there quite a bit of people in here agreeing with me?

Comment

Originally posted by big_AL View Post
          Truth must hurt a lot of you here.

Lets all be honest for a second. None of these fighters below the heavyweight division are not the true champions of boxing, because they haven't beaten the best boxing has to offer.

When manny, floyd, broner, etc. steps up and beats a heavyweight, then you are no doubt the boxing champion of the world. Until then, you are nothing more than a sideshow.

I just don't understand how you can call these lower weight class guys boxing champions of the world when they clearly are not.
          We know, we know. . . .

. . . but it'll be O.K. It'll be O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by big_AL View Post
            If this thread makes no sense, why are there quite a bit of people in here agreeing with me?
            And even more people in the, you know, entire world that disagree. Start with the tens of millions of fans that purchased PPVs of Oscar, Manny, Floyd, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
              That's why the two highest ppvs are 154lbs.
              Right.

When was the last time a HW fight headlined a PPV in America? Lewis Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                outside the HW division i only check out what fights are on hbo or showtime. i have never been interested in lower weight classes. ill watch the big hbo fights but i prefer HWs but i like CW too as a few ill alway move up or move down.... i watched Cameron\minto & pulev\abell instead of broner\maidana...

That's a narrow focus Joe. I like following the hw division but I also love watching fighters in the lower weight classes. It's the variety that's great about boxing. Guys in the lower weight classes obviously throw much more punches and the fights play out differently than a hw fight per se. The Maidana-Broner fight was very exciting and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Also, the light HW division just started to get really good - Kovalev and Stevenson are KO'ing guys left and right

Comment

Someone please explain how Floyd can be the recoqnized as the best boxer on the planet when he would lose in a BOXING MATCH against Wladimer Klitscko.
                  There is only one champion in boxing and that is Wladimer Klitscko.
                  Amazing how such a simple concept cannot be understood by so many members on this website.

Comment

never gotten into this HW bashing everyone else likes to do
                    acknowledge it's been lackluster, but have enjoyed the Klits' run on top
                    we're yrs removed from HW being the glamor division of boxing though
                    even when Lewis was running it, Oscar was the big fish in boxing
                    Klits are stars everywhere but in the US, where the biggest spotlight is
                    used to be HW ran shit, but that's long gone

Comment

Working...
                    X