No announcement yet.

"12 Rounds With Max Kellerman" See Max's Prediction of Calzaghe vs Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
    He "gets the edge" because he is one tough bastard to fight. He has a rock soild chin, quick hands and feet, is incredibly adaptable and can throw 100 punches a round for the full 12. Combined with the fact that he is very smart in there. Just because Roy might find a home for his straight right on occasion won't necessarily stop Calzaghe's constant attack.

I am pulling for ROy as much as anybody, but I think dressing this fight up like Roy is the favourite to win it is a bit ridiculous.
    Respect to you man. It's refreshing to see a Jones fan who isn't so biased, but sees things for what they are. It's hard for me as a fan of both fighters, and "on paper" this looks like it should be a Calzaghe UD, but only a fool would think Jones hasn't got a huge chance here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by roundingace View Post
      I agree on not dressing it up. I just don't see where JC has ever been in there with a pissed off RJJ letting his abilities go. That is where the question mark lies for me. His straight right counter is just part of what he'll need to win. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but I can't see JC winning the "all out fighting" war. I could and may be wrong, but man am I hoping to see THAT fight on Saturday.
      Dude, you gotta remember that this is a very much past prime Roy, regardless of whether he "lets his abilities go" as you say. Obviously a prime Roy letting it hang out doesn't lose a round but this is definately no prime Roy.

I dunno, the only reason I give Roy a decent chance in this fight is because Joe doesn't have the power to hurt him and I see Roy potentially having a great deal of success with catching Joe with straight rights on the way in. The volume factor is huge though, and I find it tough to get over it.

I think we gotta hope Roy lands some significant straight rights early and slows Calzaghe down a great deal. If not its going to be a long night for RJ.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        Dude, you gotta remember that this is a very much past prime Roy, regardless of whether he "lets his abilities go" as you say. Obviously a prime Roy letting it hang out doesn't lose a round but this is definately no prime Roy.

I dunno, the only reason I give Roy a decent chance in this fight is because Joe doesn't have the power to hurt him and I see Roy potentially having a great deal of success with catching Joe with straight rights on the way in. The volume factor is huge though, and I find it tough to get over it.

I think we gotta hope Roy lands some significant straight rights early and slows Calzaghe down a great deal. If not its going to be a long night for RJ.
        For sure. I think by the third/fourth round we should know where we stand as far as Roy fans go.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          its pretty dumb. personally, Ive never seen anyone really overrated Wilfredo Gomez, and that guy had a hell of a career. 2nd or 3rd best Puerto Rican fighter of all time in my opinion, and thats saying something.

maybe he just ran into a rabid Gomez fan that thought he was top 10 ATG or something, and it gave him the wrong idea. overrated all depends on who rated him in the first place.
          MAYBE YOUR RIGHT...MAX HAD AN OFF DAY, BUT NEVER THE LESS, HE SAID THOSE WORDS, QUOTED...

Comment

Working...
          X