• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does NSB mean

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      What does NSB mean
      Non Stop Boxing. The name of the primary boxing forum on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I'm going to wait until fight night to make a pick.. I need to think about this and see weigh-ins

IMO

Brook is the more complete fighter, much more experienced, much more tested, especially in close competitive fights. He has the homefield advantage, which could be huge in a close fight.
        The eye is a major concern, and if it can't hold up, then Brook gets stopped by doctor/ref/corner late in fight

Spence is think is very talented but still very raw. He reminds me of how jermaine Taylor and adrien broner both had incredible talent, but you could see major flaws in their games, and when faced with top level competition, those flaws get magnified and exploited. Spence will be the quicker, fast-twitch fighter and more explosive, but he needs to have some head movement, upper body movement especially in exchanges. A lot of times he stands straight up and just kinda leans back, and goes back in a straight line, very similar to jermain taylor in that regard. Spence needs to win the battle of jabs and not give the center of the ring to Brook

A great pick'em fight, I think you can make a strong case for either guy.

One thing is for sure, if Spence goes over and gets exposed and beaten badly, Spence fanboys will never hear the end of it
        You think Spence is quicker than Brook? Interesting. I think all video evidence points to the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          You think Spence is quicker than Brook? Interesting. I think all video evidence points to the opposite.
          Maybe in pure handspeed and Brook alittle more agile. I'm talking more about explosiveness, especially in exchanges. Kinda like how Pauli and Bradley both have quick hands but neither are explosive.. I think Brook is a harder puncher than those guys, he really isn't explosive vs another quick puncher like Spence. Spence can change fights in one exchange where Brook doesn't have that capability vs world class guys.

I do agree that Brook is quicker in terms of movement, just in explosive punching, I think Spence brings too much combination of speed/power

Comment

Maybe in pure handspeed and Brook alittle more agile. I'm talking more about explosiveness, especially in exchanges. Kinda like how Pauli and Bradley both have quick hands but neither are explosive.. I think Brook is a harder puncher than those guys, he really isn't explosive vs another quick puncher like Spence. Spence can change fights in one exchange where Brook doesn't have that capability vs world class guys.

I do agree that Brook is quicker in terms of movement, just in explosive punching, I think Spence brings too much combination of speed/power
            I think Brook is the more fast twitch guy. His punches are delivered from beginning to end quicker than Spence's it looks to me. A fair bit quicker.

In fact, I wouldn't really consider Spence a fast-twitch muscle type of guy. He seems to really rip into his opponents when his feet are set firmly.

How can you say Spence can change fights in once exchange vs world class guys when he never fought one? Brook hurt Porter at the end of their 1st round which changed Porter's game plan. He also caught GGG a lot which caused GGG to go completely nuts in the 3rd round.

Also, Brook has been knocking guys out devastatingly who are similar level to Algieri and Bundu.

Although I would probably agree that Spence has more power, he relies on his feet being set. Brook has more power on the move - We've seen him knock people out with his jab. So I kinda of tend to believe they have similar sort of power, just that Brook is a little more adjusted in technique and skills, and Spence is still at the stage where he'll stand in front of someone and rip into them-

Comment

dan_cov what's your take on this fight?

Comment

dan_cov what's your take on this fight?

Comment

There's nothing in me that believes Spence can beat this Kell Brook:

Nothing at all. They way he moves, feints, counters, puts his punches together + pushes GGG back in the clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I think Brook is the more fast twitch guy. His punches are delivered from beginning to end quicker than Spence's it looks to me. A fair bit quicker.

In fact, I wouldn't really consider Spence a fast-twitch muscle type of guy. He seems to really rip into his opponents when his feet are set firmly.

How can you say Spence can change fights in once exchange vs world class guys when he never fought one? Brook hurt Porter at the end of their 1st round which changed Porter's game plan. He also caught GGG a lot which caused GGG to go completely nuts in the 3rd round.

Also, Brook has been knocking guys out devastatingly who are similar level to Algieri and Bundu.

Although I would probably agree that Spence has more power, he relies on his feet being set. Brook has more power on the move - We've seen him knock people out with his jab. So I kinda of tend to believe they have similar sort of power, just that Brook is a little more adjusted in technique and skills, and Spence is still at the stage where he'll stand in front of someone and rip into them-
                    I will admit Spence is still unknown, but he has much more fight changing punches from the small sample size we have.

Brook can bang guys out but he does it much more methodically behind the jab. He does a nice job setting up his power shots, which inturn allows him to get guys out of there.

Like I said earlier, Spence gotta win battle of the jabs or Brook will setup his power shots.. if jabs equal, Spence is going to win the exchanges

Spence like Thurman, has fast enough hands to not be totally outmatched in speed and also have explosive power that can change fights. That combination of speed/power is how they get past guys

Comment

I will admit Spence is still unknown, but he has much more fight changing punches from the small sample size we have.

Brook can bang guys out but he does it much more methodically behind the jab. He does a nice job setting up his power shots, which inturn allows him to get guys out of there.

Like I said earlier, Spence gotta win battle of the jabs or Brook will setup his power shots.. if jabs equal, Spence is going to win the exchanges

Spence like Thurman, has fast enough hands to not be totally outmatched in speed and also have explosive power that can change fights. That combination of speed/power is how they get past guys
                      Not sure I agree. I think Spence is much more methodical than people here think. He's patient and breaks his opponent down rather than change it with one punch or a combination. I would say there's a lot more fights where Brook has exploded a right hand off and then ends the fight just after.

You could see with Bizier and Jo Jo Dan after they had the first right hand, they literally had a look on their face like "What just happened?" and obviously not because they were any good, but Bizier had never been down amateur or pro and fought some decent punchers. Couldn't even last two rounds with Brook.

Bundu was quite c0cky in their fight, taking the fight to Spence up until the first KD and then obviously was knocked completely out shortly after.

Brook works with straight right hands and lead left hooks and uppercuts too. he's quite varied in his attack. Again in this department I feel he has an advantage. Spence likes to pin his opponent against the ropes, using his physical presence to cut off the ring and then rip them all over the body and head.

I think Thurman is significantly quicker than Spence. Spence is fastish, but he's not quick. Algieiri was quicker than him imo. Just obviously the only advantage he had in that fight.

Spence has good skills when he sets his feet. I think he's quite basic on the move.

That's the battle for me. Can he pin Brook to the ropes like he's done with everyone else? Or will Brook impose his superior movement and technique?

Comment

Working...
                      X