No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank, Al Haymon Lawsuit To Proceed: Judge Issues Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
    only a moron would ever have accepted that offer. Let's say you're tr and you accept garcia's proposal. What if garcia won?

Tr would then have sacrificed one of best fighters (crawford) to garcia and helped to make garcia a much bigger star ... Right on his way out the door.

And because garcia would sign with your main rival (haymon) who is attempting to beat you in the business by scooping up all the talent & freezing you out, getting a rematch for crawford (your guy) would be next to impossible, a particularly harsh outcome in the event that a garcia-crawford fight is close/controversial.

Even if crawford won, it's not even truly a "win" for you. Sure a loss sets garcia back, but he's still a marketable, elite talent who is now leaving you, free and clear, without owing you anything.

At the end of the day, it's way more advantageous for tr to take the following approach: "mikey, i have 2 more years worth of contractual rights to promote your fights. Pay me $3 million if you want out". Like i said, floyd took out a million dollar loan to buy out his contract. It can be done. Where there's a will, there's a way.

i don't think any fighter owes any loyalty to any promoter. Boxing is a business, and if you wanna leave, then do what it takes to leave (like floyd did) ...
    ... But if you're gonna leave your promoter (who has invested a fortune in building your career from square one) and then your promoter takes the very same "boxing is a business" attitude with regard to enforcing his contractual rights, you're not allowed to cry about it being unfair.
    thats not the point. The point is that he was willing to honor his contract and fight a big fighter to get out. He wasnt asking for a scrub to leave. He would have made them money then left whether it be crawford or someone else.

You said earlier "be a man and honor contract" and thats what garcia is trying to do but now you are saying sit them till they buy you out is the better way.

I have spent time and money on college students coming out to teach them and guide them in the ways of this business and many have left after we taught them. 2 have started their own competing businesses but i dont cry about it. They finished the contract or terms i outlined when hired and i am happy for them till this day. Except one who left on bad terms. They made me money while they were here just like i spent money on them to teach. Just like im sure Garica made TR money while they spent on him. Plenty of money out there for everyone so why burn bridges

Bad business by TR
    Last edited by Fetta; 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

and the battle of Haymon vs the fuck boys continues

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I don't think Bob Arum would let a fighter like Chavez and/or Garcia get away with just fighting any old fighter. Even if they are ranked by an organization in the top 5??? I believe most will sanction a champion fight as long as they're ranked in the top #10??? See that's the only problem I have with it? I'm sure both would of easily fought for peanuts against a c/d type of fighter. But arum demands they fight the best and wants them to extend an Already agreed upon contract or sit. He would rather burn someone then let them leave him...
        I don't know why you keep bringing up the who he would of fought when Chavez and his then manager made it clear from day one their beef was the MONEY. They wanted to be paid a huge amount whether he agreed to a extension or not. That was their beef not we will have to fight a lesser quality fighter. Chavez had 2 options get paid a career high sign extension. Get paid less and finish out your contract by fulfilling the last fight you owe then be a free agent and sign with whoever you want. His idiot manager made him turn down both offers and refuse to fight for over a year. Direct quote from Arum and Chavez manager.

"It called for the Golovkin fight to pay him a minimum $7 million, and if he lost that fight, we guaranteed him another fight for $5 million. Now if he beat Golovkin, then we would pay him a minimum for his next fight of $10 million," said Arum, during his earlier interview with R!ngTV.com

"So we would … do these two fights, and the minimum he would make is $12 million, and if he was successful, $17 million plus. He turned that offer down. So we offered him a one-fight offer at considerably less money but still better than what Golovkin accepted for the fight and he turned that down."
        - Arum

"The offer was a $6.6 million guarantee for Julio to fight Golovkin, which included two extensions. Although we considered that offer a below-market offer for a pay-per-view fight of this stature, Julio, nonetheless, immediately responded to all of the fight terms. It was a fight that he wanted, it was a fight that the people wanted, and he wanted to give them that," said Keane.

"What he did not agree to was a two-fight extension. But Everything else, he agreed to. There were multiple other offers by Top Rank that always included extensions. The last one is correct. Bob did offer him a $7 million guarantee with a one-fight extension, and $10 million if he won, $5 million if he lost. Again, we accepted the fight, but not the extensions."

Keane said that Arum "then came back to us with a standalone fight with no extensions for a $2 million guaranteed purse," and that Top Rank would not budge on its final one-fight offer.
        - Chavez manager

Chavez turned down all 1 fight options because he wanted more money! He never got anywhere near the money Arum offered including 7mil for 1 extra fight on his contract. He fought Fonfara for 2.5mil and LOST and fought Reyes for less then that. Looked terrible in both fights was booed in both fights and will never command a 7mil purse again. Chavez's own dad told him to take the Arum deal FYI. Now his career is in shambles.

Comment

djt117. What you just said sounds more like a manager than a promotor??? If Bob arum promoted the Garcia vs. Crawford fight which should be his only job why should he care about the fighter??? And if that fighter completed his contract sign him up for another one then???

I'm still trying to figure out where Bob the promotor ends and Bob the manager begins???

Comment

Originally posted by Juan,000,000 View Post
            yea they r rich paper shredders.... U hater lmao
            Why u sound hurt tho.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              All I heard all year from haymon supporters where these lawsuits meant nothing and both would be tossed out of court immediately. Just like the same fools said last year that said golden boys lawsuit against haymon and Schaefer would go nowhere. Yet golden boy won and forced a settlement from haymon with him reportedly paying Oscar 10s of millions. When haymon got sued over Chavez who arum said owed 1 more fight again haymon supporters said it will get thrown out of court arum wont get a dime. Nope haymon was forced to pay a large settlement to Bob arum to release him before the fonfara fight. And these latest lawsuits aimed at PBC that you guys said would get kicked out have BOTH moved forward in court. People act like haymon wins his lawsuits. No he doesn't if you look back he is almost always forced to pay to make them go away. Hes gonna end up paying millions to these promoters to make them go away as well.

Being forced to open his books and give depositions in both lawsuits is huge. This is a man who lives and operates in secrecy and now everything eventually will be made public. For a guy who refuses media passes for major boxing outlets because they were critical of his role and asked too many questions now will have to answer questions and more in court about how he operates and if any of this is legal. PBC has already been struggling with bad TV ratings, most of the fights are in half empty arenas, and their creditabilty has been under attack. Now 2 mega lawsuits to add to the millions PBC has lost in year 1. I'm sure the investors are thrilled with the dumpster fire haymon has set on their money. LMAO
              "HOORAYYYY!!!!" what a fagget lol

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
                and the battle of Haymon vs the fuck boys continues
                Why u mad tho? I mean if u are not related to Haymon this should mean nothing to u.

Comment

But wasn't the fight all ready agreed upon at $5 million without an extension? And the. Dropped down to $2 million? Everything supposedly was agreed upon and bob arum decided he wanted more? I wish I could do that? Sale something and then offer less after we shook hands? Why couldn't he fight someone else then??? It was ggg ad only ggg...

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                    Why u mad tho? I mean if u are not related to Haymon this should mean nothing to u.
                    why would i be mad?

Comment

I'm just trying to be neutral and yes I know arum wants to get paid BUT so does the BOXER also! I guarantee even paying Chavez $5 million Bob Arum would of Quadtripled that AND ggg isn't even his fighter so that was a win/win. If u told me to promote a fight and you'll get x10 my $$$ back I'm doing it. Now if I'm there manager??? I might not? Especially if the promotor is lying to us!

Comment

Working...
                      X