Clear All

Jeff lacy
    Kermit cintron
    Glen johnson
    Terry Norris

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      Lomachenko against salido
      Loma was 25 and had tons of amateur experience. If he had fought Salido a year or two after turning pro at 18 then thats a different story. Loma gets too much credit for what he's done but people forget to look at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
        my picks.
        Canelo stepping up to Mayweather
        Julian Williams stepping up to Charlo
        Take williams off that list. He fought other top prospects and gate keeper guys like Alcine. He just lost when he fought for the title, nothing wrong with that

Comment

Fernando Vargas

Comment

I thought Salido would be easy work for Loma, but it just goes to show experience can trump skills

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Loma was 25 and had tons of amateur experience. If he had fought Salido a year or two after turning pro at 18 then thats a different story. Loma gets too much credit for what he's done but people forget to look at his age.
              Your age has nothing to do with pro experience. Amateurs and pros are vastly different.

Comment

terry norris

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I always feel like Fernando Vargas is the poster boy for stepping up too early. He was already a younger guy coming out of the Olympics then was fighting for a title within 2(?) years which is wayyyy above average since most guys don't win their first title til 4 years after their pro debut. Then he's fighting Tito inside of 4 years pro. Had a lot of success despite stepping up early, but you feel like he stepped a lil too far a lil too early too which likely hemmed his overall greatness a lil.

Randomly I feel like the way Lubin got KO'd is the more noteworthy thing here. How many guys have been KO'd like he was or worse & have had a championship level career post that moment? Not that many mfers that I can come up with. Those types of KO's seem to show something about a guy or effect their own confidence or beyond that impacts their future success (or maybe its just such a rare thing to see kinda scary/disturbing KO's like that one that few stats can actually be fruitful its such a rare thing idk).
                  Fernando Vargas is an enigma. The dude fought and beat Winky Wright in his prime which I believe is a harder to beat than Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    terry norris
                    Against Julian Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Maidana had experience fighting really close fights vs euro champs/contenders..

guys name was kotelinek but maidana lost by close decision and then I think khan blew out the same guy shortly thereafter

Maidana may not have been known to American fans, but international fight fans knew who he was
                      Right. But I wouldn't classify that as a "step up" fight for Ortiz. I recall a lot of people wondering if Maidana really even had power because of the competition he had fought to that point

Comment

Working...
                      X