Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice, some kid punched my 12yo son in the stomach today at school

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you gotta teach your kid how to defend themselves & allow them to defend themselves if an ugly situation arises. Sounds like you did the former, but hemmed him up on the latter.

While it probably woulda sucked to have been kicked off the basketball team, if I'm understanding you correctly on that being on the table potentially if he had fought, I think the greater good would be the word would have been out on him not being one to be trifled with in the future. A lot of fighting is a game of chicken almost with one person being dominate over another person. And most people aren't of the desire to play a game of that type with a kid who's proven he'll hit you in the face if pressed. Most cats don't actually wanna fight they just wanna get to the dominate/seen as a big man part.

So ultimately he'll likely just get into another altercation in the future, & I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the other kids involved in this situation, to redeem himself cuz some kids who've heard about or seen this incident will think he's a kid to be suckered.

Then again maybe schools are so p#ssified these days that my take is outdated, but that likely would be what would happen in my school days & beyond until this trophy for 9th place, everyone is a special snowflake who's capable of anything bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Damn in the closet?
      Lol yeah the kid is something else. I go into my oldest room and I was like, where is your baby brother? He takes off his headphones and was like I think he's pooping in my closet, SMH... a second later the baby walks out of the closet and I said what r u doing? He said pooping in Gabriel's closet. SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Lol yeah the kid is something else. I go into my oldest room and I was like, where is your baby brother? He takes off his headphones and was like I think he's pooping in my closet, SMH... a second later the baby walks out of the closet and I said what r u doing? He said pooping in Gabriel's closet. SMH...
        That's great

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Tell the school thats their one free pass.

Tell them next time your son will fight back and he will be instructed to beat anyone who assaults him bad enough that no one else will mess with him ever again.
          I basically told the principal that. I told him if that kid doesn't face consequences than my son will defend himself. With my luck though I'll be left with dental bills from that kids parents or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think you gotta teach your kid how to defend themselves & allow them to defend themselves if an ugly situation arises. Sounds like you did the former, but hemmed him up on the latter.

While it probably woulda sucked to have been kicked off the basketball team, if I'm understanding you correctly on that being on the table potentially if he had fought, I think the greater good would be the word would have been out on him not being one to be trifled with in the future. A lot of fighting is a game of chicken almost with one person being dominate over another person. And most people aren't of the desire to play a game of that type with a kid who's proven he'll hit you in the face if pressed. Most cats don't actually wanna fight they just wanna get to the dominate/seen as a big man part.

So ultimately he'll likely just get into another altercation in the future, & I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the other kids involved in this situation, to redeem himself cuz some kids who've heard about or seen this incident will think he's a kid to be suckered.

Then again maybe schools are so p#ssified these days that my take is outdated, but that likely would be what would happen in my school days & beyond until this trophy for 9th place, everyone is a special snowflake who's capable of anything bs.
            The bolded is exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't want him to be labeled as a punk bcuz I know he's a really tough kid. Ultimately I think if we didn't talk he would've fought but like I said he listens to me and we weighed out options like getting kicked off the team and/or some1 losing a tooth or something.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Idc what those teachers say. Have your son beat their aśś. One thing I can't stand is a bully and if the school isn't going to do anything about it then he has to defend his self some way. That's why I don't want to send my son to public school for reasons like this. You can't tell your son not to defend his self because once all the bullies see him getting picked on and not retaliating it will be open season on him. Morally you gave him the right advice so don't beat yourself up too bad over the situation.
              I understand man, I don't like bullies either & I feel like this bully isn't going to stop. Maybe he will to my son but he won't to others.

Thanks bro! I just feel bad because my hands r tied but feel somewhat at fault

Comment

You did the right thing.. I don't have a son, if I did would have told him the same thing.. I would tell him to be brave and stand up for what's right.. let him know he has what it takes to hurt someone physically so he has to be careful..
                If it happens more than once though, then he can retaliate..

Comment

your raising a bitch! Not his fault, your fault.

Comment

I understand man, I don't like bullies either & I feel like this bully isn't going to stop. Maybe he will to my son but he won't to others.

Thanks bro! I just feel bad because my hands r tied but feel somewhat at fault
                    Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    You did the right thing.. I don't have a son, if I did would have told him the same thing.. I would tell him to be brave and stand up for what's right.. let him know he has what it takes to hurt someone physically so he has to be careful..
                    If it happens more than once though, then he can retaliate..
                    83 and 85, wtf mayne. Dont **** wif me, I roll one deep .91 for life ya hurrd meh?

Comment

My son came to me last night and told me, "dad some kid(s) have been threatening to kick my @$$." I guess it all started because some kids were picking on some freckled faced red head kid and my son intervened.

Basically I told him son, mind your own business next time. I also told him son, I dont want you to be fighting at school or on the streets because you have nothing to prove and no mouthpeice. Honestly my 12yo is an excellent boxer & he is super athletic. He also just made his Jr. High Basketball team and if he gets suspended he gets kicked off per his school agreement.

Anyways, some kids surrounded my boy today and 1 of them punched him in the stomach. My son along with being athletic is also a dads boy and listens to everything I say so he just walked away and told the teacher.

Now I am infuriated I feel like I gave him bad advice. My babies mama is super pissed at me because I told him not to be fighting. I myself wouldve never done this in Jr. High or High School, I woulda been throwing blows.

The principal praised me and my boy saying it takes a lot of restraint to do what he did. He also said the boy in question actions are being reviewed on video and if what happened is true, he will face "consequences."

Anyways did I give my son bad advice? I dont want people thinking they can punk my kid or that hes a taddle tail. What would you tell your kid?
                      my lad was never a fighter . one day me and the ex had to go the school ' he was being bullied and told me. i said listen kid you cant fight it gonna happen all the time, when we got the school they told me my lad had to be pulled off said bully cos he was killing the **** and crying whilst doing it. he proved a point to me and i taught him right. i called him out and he proved me wrong . that night i went to bed proud as fk he was 11 years old

Comment

Working...
                      X