Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo has vastly overrated power. Lomo could walk him down with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Rigo was doing cartwheels around Amagasa for fun and suffered because of it. Do you think Rigo would be more cautious with Loma?

Nonitos face, Amagasa, Dickens... has Loma himself been caught with punches to the face? How good is Loma against Cuban Southpaws? Olympic pedigrees make a difference. Weight disparities when talking about Rigo or Loma are irrelevant
      If we were talking about Rigo fighting a lesser fighter, that would be different. As it is, these two are of comparable skill and ability, and Lomo would have an age and size advantage. Rigo fought Nonito 4 1/2 years ago at 122. The other guys simply weren't in Guillermo's league, so he could afford to give up some size. The old saying in boxing goes, "Everything else being equal, a good big man will always beat a good little man."

Comment

What's the difference in weight from 160-168? You know Gennady has fans that say he "shouldn't" fight there or that he's a "small MW.""

These excuses are getting old.

Gennady "hits" like a HW so they say...

All this but Rigo can't fight Loma from 122-130 when Amagasa rehydrated more than 140+?
        But if Rigo doesn't move it still Loma fault doe!

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
          Rigo has vastly overrated power. Lomo could walk him down with ease.
          Well, he doesn't have one-punch KO power, but Rigo is very heavy-handed. How often do you see a little guy like him busting up faces likes he did with Nonito, Amagasa and Dickens? He hits hard, man.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            An eight pound difference in weight-class can be enormous, especially if one of the fighters re-hydrates more than the other. The difference of even one pound of bodyweight can mean a big difference in athletic performance. I've experienced this myself. You can only get so lean before you start to lose strength and stamina, what is commonly referred to in boxing circles as "drained." Then there's the flip-side. There are fighters whose natural build allow them to better handle a higher weight.

Nonetheless, I agree, if Rigo wants to make some money before he retires, he'll have to put himself at a disadvantage. From what I understand, he walks around at about 124. He'll be giving up a lot of weight to Lomo if he fights at the 130 limit. And let's not forget, Vasyl ain't Amagasa.
            Source for this?

Comment

At a catchweight of 127 it would be ok. At 130 its a mismatch. Few pounds in these divisions make big diference

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                But if Rigo doesn't move it still Loma fault doe!
                I was the first one to coin "Salidoe"

Sounds less redundant and more catchy than Salido doe

Comment

Rigo looks great against little guys at 122 and below. Lomo is a huge super feather and would bodybag him. No way rigo carries his power up with him. If the fight is at 124 I'd give him a chance but 126 or higher and it's suicide.

Comment

I was the first one to coin "Salidoe"

Sounds less redundant and more catchy than Salido doe
                    That's not bad, sir. Not bad at all.

Comment

Lomachenko.

Comment

Working...
                      X