Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley and the HBO crew should be ashamed of themselves for doing that to Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lampley and the HBO crew should be ashamed of themselves for doing that to Rigo

I don't know if you guys saw the HBO broadcast, but Jim Lampley basically pulled Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennet to the side and forced an interview on him on live TV. On this live TV interview, he got a seemingly nervous Bob to admit that he will change the decision to a DQ for Rigo if in fact the punch was after the bell (which it was, but both fighters threw).

Max brought up the fact that BOTH fighters threw punches after the bell, but Bob said that only the one that landed (Rigo) will get the DQ.

Keep in mind, this entire interview was done after Rigo was awarded with a KO victory. Jim and the HBO crew just couldn't handle that, so they had to take matters into their own hands. Shame on them. Watching Rigo is watching HISTORY.

I thought they did a good job showing him he was given misinformation and that the punch did indeed land after the bell

Comment

Idk what the **** Lampley was up to. He looked like he wanted Rigo to take a DQ loss. I don't know if he was cluelessly trying to help or what. Flores threw after the bell, Rigo responded.

Comment

Disgraceful that that fake ass Mexican can throw a punch, miss, flop after getting hit and get awarded a belt. Dude was gonna get out to sleep for real and he knew it

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I thought they did a good job showing him he was given misinformation and that the punch did indeed land after the bell
          Yes, it's clear as day the punch landed after the bell. However, the ruling that a nervous Bob gave was that even if both threw punches after the bell, only the one that landed and caused physical harm (Rigo's punch) will be the one to get DQ. If HBO had just left it alone, it would have been fine. But now, thanks to Lampley, Rigo will have his first loss via DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Idk what the **** Lampley was up to. He looked like he wanted Rigo to take a DQ loss. I don't know if he was cluelessly trying to help or what. Flores threw after the bell, Rigo responded.
            Of course Lampley and HBO wanted Rigo to get DQ. They're tired of him because he does crappy ratings. But that shouldn't matter to real boxing fans.

Comment

No they did the right thing the ref had already said NC but the commissioner talked to some punk from roc nation and he changed it to a ko I'm glad he got put on the spot
              Last edited by Fay; 06-18-2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Thug View Post
                No they did the right thing the ref had already said NC but the commissioner talked to some punk from roc nation and he changed it to a dq I'm glad he got put on the spot
                No, you're wrong. As of now it's a KO victory for Rigo, however, Bob Bennet said he will change it to a DQ loss for Rigo after he reviews the footage. So it's not a DQ just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                  Yes, it's clear as day the punch landed after the bell. However, the ruling that a nervous Bob gave was that even if both threw punches after the bell, only the one that landed and caused physical harm (Rigo's punch) will be the one to get DQ. If HBO had just left it alone, it would have been fine. But now, thanks to Lampley, Rigo will have his first loss via DQ.
                  Maybe, but not necessarily. Just because the guy made that statement on TV doesn't mean he'll stick to it. People backtrack all the time, and on much more important issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                    As should be the case. He was holding behind the head while punching and clearly threw the KO punch after the bell. Why should Rigondeaux not be disqualified?

Comment

Working...
                    X