Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did Tito Trinidad do to deserve his first world title shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did Tito Trinidad do to deserve his first world title shot?

He'd been a pro for about 3 years and (looking at his boxrec record) it doesnt looks like he beat world class opponets/contenders. Does anyone here remember when he was coming up as a fighter, did he just capture fans imagination?

Didn't Jake Rodriguez become a Champion. I remember Jake lost his belt to kosta Tszyu. I remember Jake bc he was the first fighter Tito didn't KO.

EDIT: Also I remember Alberto Cortez, he had a great record with good power. He almost stopped trinidad in the 2nd round. I remember Cortez was good, he lost to JCC sr as an undefeated fighter.
    Last edited by Ring Master; 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

wtf, is this hate on trinidad day or what.

people talking about cheating, undeserving title shots and whatnot, gtfoh.

asking where the "legendary" power went after hopkins, i don't know how some of these idiots on here forget about Mayorga, the best chin in boxing at the time, never been knocked down, and Tito KO'd his ass easy.

doesn't matter if he didn't deserve the title shot, he ko'd the damn champion....

Comment

He was part of Don King's stable.

He did have a win against Cortes and Jake Rodriguez for what ever that was worth.

Comment

He was, probably, perceived as a green fighter by Maurice Blocker. Blocker was a fighter who was slipping and, perhaps, saw the Trinidad fight as a crossroads and a chance to revive his career by beating an undefeated prospect. Perhaps Blocker was offered a good purse for the fight.

All of these are assumptions since I have no evidence to that. Still, what matters is that Trinidad won the fight in convincing fashion and then proceeded to prove he was not a "flash in the pan" by keeping that IBF belt from 1993 to 1999 and earning a P4P ranking in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Master View Post
            Didn't Jake Rodriguez become a Champion. I remember Jake lost his belt to kosta Tszyu. I remember Jake bc he was the first fighter Tito didn't KO.

EDIT: Also I remember Alberto Cortez, he had a great record with good power. He almost stopped trinidad in the 2nd round. I remember Cortez was good, he lost to JCC sr as an undefeated fighter.
            you dont remember crap you just went on box rec. Those fights weren't even televised

Comment

Ahhh one of my favorites

Comment

he didn't do ****, but because he fought in the 90's where everyone took risk he gets a ****ing pass. smgdh

Comment

Who cares if he deserved the shot. That question was anyway confirmed when Tito sent Blocker to the hospital.

Comment

sorry, I can't respect Trinidad after his wrap scandal.

I despise cheaters

Comment

Working...
                    X