Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PAc dont fight Money May, is Floyd outta options?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ke$ha View Post
    top rank will not allow it

Bob may not have a choice if his fighter is pushing for it hard. Promotional contracts work both ways, if Arum's were to stop one of his fighters from their right to fight another fighter it could be grounds to break their promotional contract.

Restraint of trade and all that.

Comment

Its the opposite. Pacquiao has all the options whom he wants to fight next.

Mayweather will rather fight granpa nate campbell than fight a real threat.

Comment

Just because Pac is playing hard ball doesnt mean Marg and Cotto will.

Theyd fight Floyd in aheart beat and take all the tests and take a **** split.

Comment

Floyd should make a play for Cotto at 147 right now....it effectively coreners Pac into a fight with JMM (i believe Roach won't allow a fight with Margarito).

Also i would bet Floyd vs Cotto at 147 would do more than the SSM vs Floyd fight. 1.6 - 1.8 million PPV buys would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Just because Pac is playing hard ball doesnt mean Marg and Cotto will.

Theyd fight Floyd in aheart beat and take all the tests and take a **** split.

Burenr is right. Floyd would be happy to offer Cotto 30-35% IMHO given the PPV upside would be big.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Floyd should make a play for Cotto at 147 right now....it effectively coreners Pac into a fight with JMM (i believe Roach won't allow a fight with Margarito).

Also i would bet Floyd vs Cotto at 147 would do more than the SSM vs Floyd fight. 1.6 - 1.8 million PPV buys would be my guess.

I don't see why it would do better. Everyone has seen Cotto KO'd twice in high profile fights already. That has never happened to Shane, and he was coming off a big win.

Comment

Floyd can wait another 12-16 months and fight Amir Khan in the UK for an easy 40M.

Berto, Williams, Martinez, Margacheato, Cotto, etc. would take any test and agree to any split for an opportunity to fight Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I don't see why it would do better. Everyone has seen Cotto KO'd twice in high profile fights already. That has never happened to Shane, and he was coming off a big win.

Cotto is coming off a KO vicotory and despite the mentalally challenged ******s assertions on this site to the contrary Cotto is a far bigger draw than Shane. Are the same ppl in the PR community who bought Pac vs Cotto not going to buy Mayweather vs Cotto?? I would bet slips it would outsell Pac's fight with Cotto.

Comment

Funny...all these Floyd supporters spitting a bunch of names... NONE of which are *rhythmic hand claps* "pay per view attractions" (according to their idol).

Maybe Cotto....but Bob won't let that happen. Bob will play it safe and match up Cotto at 154 vs. the winner of Chavez jr/Duddy. Mexican independence day is September 16th (Thursday), and Sept. 18th would be perfect. Two hispanic fighters (if Chavez Jr. wins) on a hispanic holiday.

It keeps sounding more believable every day - Floyd is retired, again, for a year or so.

Pacquiao can fight anyone at 140 to defend the Ring title, and anyone at 147 to defend his title there. He'll take 70% of the purse, make $15 million and retire happily to pursue his political career (which I think is a huge mistake. Arguello was just murdered in 2009 -*ahem, "committed suicide" in Managua, Nicaragua, where I was born) after becoming Mayor in 08. ONE YEAR in politics, and he was taken out.
                    Last edited by NesNY; 06-21-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benavidez Mafia View Post
                      Floyd can wait another 12-16 months and fight Amir Khan in the UK for an easy 40M.

Berto, Williams, Martinez, Margacheato, Cotto, etc. would take any test and agree to any split for an opportunity to fight Floyd.

****. I don't think so. Mayweather would rather have a rematch against marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X