Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there that many White American Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have lost most of our American Black Boxers from around 154lbs on up too. Anyone with decent size and talent is in other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      UK white fighters suck too. UK trainers suck, always have always will. They don't want to bring in outside intellect so fùck 'em, they'll stay sucking.

Eastern Europe, not that good either --- it's just those dudes are so fùcking hungry they fight like animals. Wasn't Providnokiv dining on Falcon meat for Christ's sake?

Can you list me the Eastern Europe fighters you think are great please? Curious who you're thinking about collectively. Thanks in advance.

Amateur programs do help, but if your trainers suck --- shít don't matter either.
      So 'great' and 'suck' are the two options, huh?

I ain't gonna get into this **** with ya man. You wanna go thinking that all Mexicans are JCC and all black dudes are SRL whilst all white dudes are Brian Sutherland that's your business.

Whatever your opinions, though you can't really deny the relative lack of success of US whites compared to others - so, are you saying you put this all down to 'hunger'? I mean yeah, the Ex Soviets had it tough, but here in the UK I don't think we've any more absolute poverty than in the US - though we're getting there. What is about US whites in particular that makes their success so uncommon in boxing?
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-02-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

White American boxers slowly disappeared as the black Americans took over. They got nothing to do in a boxing ring. Butterbean is probably the best white American ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

I ain't gonna get into this **** with ya man. You wanna go thinking that all Mexicans are JCC and all black dudes are SRL whilst all white dudes are Brian Sutherland that's your business.

Whatever your opinions, though you can't really deny the relative lack of success of US whites compared to others - so, are you saying you put this all down to 'hunger'? I mean yeah, the Ex Soviets had it tough, but here in the UK I don't think we've any more absolute poverty than in the US - though we're getting there. What is about US whites in particular that makes their success so uncommon in boxing?
          They are losing to the superior American black athlete. The average black American has around 24% white dna. I don't know what it is about the mix, but it creates an elite human sports machine.

The Brits have a much smaller black population and even less of a mixed population. Some of your best fighters are mostly mixed though as you can see by the Kell Brooks, DeGales, Eubanks Jr, David Hayes, and Anthony Joshua's. Most of your other good fighters at the moment are travellers, who are raised to fight.

English whites are not having to take on as many of these elite sports machines to rise to the top.

Take this post with a grain of salt. I'm being facetious. Lmao!

Comment

Kelly Pavlik was world level.

From the responses here. Distance to the gym sounds the most plausible.

I live in a nice area really. There is a gym less than a mile away. Sure, it is mainly aimed at mothers doing boxfit but if a young kid wanted to box they could get a taste in there and it is owned by a former pro fighter.

Also tbh, I don't know anybody who has ever done MMA nor would I know where an MMA gym was. So that is not a competing variable here.

Additionally, amatuer success at the Olympics will lead to a profitable pro career.

Being on Team GB itself now affords the fighters status. What's more they are professionals-in-waiting the moment they make that team. They are also incredibly well funded by the national lottery.

The British public love a boxing medalist. Britain will likely continue to improve at Amateur level which is becoming more 'pro' and produce more good boxers some of which will obviously be white.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Kelly Pavlik was world level.

From the responses here. Distance to the gym sounds the most plausible.

I live in a nice area really. There is a gym less than a mile away. Sure, it is mainly aimed at mothers doing boxfit but if a young kid wanted to box they could get a taste in there and it is owned by a former pro fighter.

Also tbh, I don't know anybody who has ever done MMA nor would I know where an MMA gym was. So that is not a competing variable here.

Additionally, amatuer success at the Olympics will lead to a profitable pro career.

Being on Team GB itself now affords the fighters status. What's more they are professionals-in-waiting the moment they make that team. They are also incredibly well funded by the national lottery.

The British public love a boxing medalist. Britain will likely continue to improve at Amateur level which is becoming more 'pro' and produce more good boxers some of which will obviously be white.
              That might well be a part of it - I ain't sure it's the full story, but the UK is a much more compact country than the US and most of our population is probably within relative easy travel distance of a boxing gym (even if some of the small ones don't exactly advertise well). Like you I live in a pretty good area now (on the outskirts of Manchester as it happens) but the nearest boxing gyms only 10 mins away on the bus and there used to be one almost on my doorstep (the Ring's still there and the room available for hire, but no classes. I do BJJ at the same gym FWIW and there's a coupla MMA fighters train there just so you know) - also there's the Hatton gym just round the corner from where I used to live in Hyde. In short if you want to box in the UK there ain't really any reason why you can't.

That said, it seems to me there has to be more to it than that - there's what? 200 odd million 'white' Americans - there's gotta be some reason they ain't had a decent champion since Pavlik - unless Paulie counts.

Comment

Who's talking about extreme polar opposites? Only you bruv. It's not opinions, its facts. I don't do opinions as they are devoid of fact.

The UK home grows their fighters so the chances for success are higher. UK is right under Germany for corruption as well. A lot of dirty fighters running about and rigged cards.

The US is the Mecca for boxing and our white fighters are swimming in a bigger body of water with more sharks than your small pond of goldfish. So yea, our white fighters suck to start but they're swimming with shark infested waters to boot. UK fighters stay at home and swim assisted in roll bar cages. It's very controlled there and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  Who's talking about extreme polar opposites? Only you bruv. It's not opinions, its facts. I don't do opinions as they are devoid of fact.

The UK home grows their fighters so the chances for success are higher. UK is right under Germany for corruption as well. A lot of dirty fighters running about and rigged cards.

The US is the Mecca for boxing and our white fighters are swimming in a bigger body of water with more sharks than your small pond of goldfish. So yea, our white fighters suck to start but they're swimming with shark infested waters to boot. UK fighters stay at home and swim assisted in roll bar cages. It's very controlled there and you know it.
                  You asked what 'great' EE fighters there were, man. You go from saying white guys suck to asking that question, so... yeah. Fact is there's a lot of guys competing successfuly - even if they ain't elite p4pers (though there's a couple in most top 10s), yet no American whites are even close to that level. You are slowly coming up with possible reasons why, but TBH you conclusions are hardly so insightful it's worth trawling through all the pointless crap you write.

Comment

You asked what 'great' EE fighters there were, man. You go from saying white guys suck to asking that question, so... yeah. Fact is there's a lot of guys competing successfuly - even if they ain't elite p4pers (though there's a couple in most top 10s), yet no American whites are even close to that level. You are slowly coming up with possible reasons why, but TBH you conclusions are hardly so insightful it's worth trawling through all the pointless crap you write.
                    I did ask and I got one name so far. Loma is decent, not about that hype though. Lets see him after 20 fights. Cat already lost to a fùcking gate-kepper (SALIDO).

Not sure why your panites are in a twist. More importantly, if you ain't bringing anything to the table --- keep it moving and stop talking out of the side of your neck.

Comment

Boxing is a brutal sport. A lot of whites didnt grow up poor. For a lot of boxers, boxing was a way out for them to leave the slum.

Comment

Working...
                      X