Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Jacobs Will Beat Golovkin - A Big Upset is Coming!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defenses of the WBA "regular" title don't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Defenses of the WBA "regular" title don't count.
      They do to Hopkins apparently. He's kinda disappointed his record didn't last longer

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        They do to Hopkins apparently. He's kinda disappointed his record didn't last longer
        He just needs to be reminded about the difference between WBA "super" champions and "regular" champions. And how that difference applies to Golovkin's defenses.

I'm sure he'll see the logic in that once it's explained to him.

It's a shame the boxing media isn't doing a better job of pointing it out, really.

Comment

He just needs to be reminded about the difference between WBA "super" champions and "regular" champions. And how that difference applies to Golovkin's defenses.

I'm sure he'll see the logic in that once it's explained to him.

It's a shame the boxing media isn't doing a better job of pointing it out, really.
          He knows the difference between GGG and Sturm, who bribed his way to safety with the super belt. Like most of us, he probably thinks GGG was the real Wba champ, as in the best guy in their rankings by a mile

Comment

• GGG will not get knocked through the ropes and land on his back on the floor. At least that record will be kept in tact.

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              I know you will be able to clarify this but I was under the impression that Golovkin's 'successful' title defenses were only counted when he won the WBA title outright, not the interim belt. I know the WBA has a terrible rep when it comes to multiple division champions but surely his interim title win doesn't count unless it was upgraded to the full championship once he wont the belt? Was that not the case?

GGG has been the REAL WBA champion since the Geale fight

Comment

• posted TODAY
                "Mendoza wants to eliminate the issue of multiple WBA titles in every weight division. He started that mission in early 2016 and hopes to establish a single WBA champion in every weight class by the end of this year....."
                http://www.boxingscene.com/leo-santa....gohVQuO4.dpuf

even Mendoza knows the interim title is ****

but, HeroBando still thinks it's cool

good news on the Cruz/Mares rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He knows the difference between GGG and Sturm, who bribed his way to safety with the super belt. Like most of us, he probably thinks GGG was the real Wba champ, as in the best guy in their rankings by a mile
                  I'm not going to give Lil G credit for something he was not. He wasn't the full champion just like Jacobs or Andrade aren't the full champions now.

Those are just facts.

Comment

I'm not going to give Lil G credit for something he was not. He wasn't the full champion just like Jacobs or Andrade aren't the full champions now.

Those are just facts.

you.....
                    either, have an abundance of common-sense, or have a good understanding of the game.... probably both

the tards.....
                    have no clue, and they don't give a fk about boxing, so long as it benefits Golovkin

but, the media..... ???????????

wtf ?

the media proved that they were nothing but dirty whores when they blamed Mayweather because Pacquiao refused random blood tests..... the media had an obligation to call out Pac for refusing random blood tests, this is no different

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      GGG has been the REAL WBA champion since the Geale fight
                      I don't think that is the case, Felix Sturm was the long time holder of the championship and for whatever reason was promoted to 'super champion' for his defense against Giovanni Lorenzo on 4th of September 2010. GGG was promoted to 'regular champion' effective immediately and was them deemed outright champion when Daniel Geale dropped the belt after unifying the WBA/IBF titles against Sturm on 1st of September 2012. The WBA is just plain confusing but as far outright champion, Golovkin was outright champion from 2013 onwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X