Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just shed a tear for my dog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad moments. Dogs can be special. It is also hard to see this happen to the people we grew up with like parents and aunts and uncles.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
      The older you get the more you have an understanding of time and how precious it is. Weird how that works. You'll be fine man.
      Defiantly man. I had to sit back for a minute and take a deep breathe. You just don't realize how fast time is going sometimes. I'm glad in a way this happened. Just really put things into perspective.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Few things in life suck nearly as much as watching your dog age. Sorry to hear about it, Uturn. Buy her the biggest rawhide chew you can find.
      Its inevitable to all of us but its tough pill to swallow. Going to buy her a big bone tomorrow.

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
      It's sad, man. I had a great Chow-Chow that was with me since I was a kid and one day it came home sick--probably poisoned or hit by a car, or something. He was never the same and quickly passed away. I cried thinking about that dog.

Spoil that dog you got--she is in her golden-years now. Get her treats often and spend some quality time with her if you can.

I feel you on the aging too. Death beckons us all.
      Dogs are treasures. They are very comforting and loyal pets.

I'm going to spend more time with her and take more photos of her. She may not be here till the end of the year for all I know. I can't really complain, she has had a great life, she lives like a queen here. She is the only dog I know that has ate steak/chicken for most of her life. And she is 12 years of age.

I know man. Its best not to think about death, but recognize most important that time is not unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
        Just that, I've realized how age finally catches up with us eventually. I know that is obvious, but sometimes we live as though we live forever.
        Absolutely, hits me hard sometimes too mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
          I haven't played with my parents dog in a while and just noticed how age has caught up with her. Was throwing her the ball, and she only walks to get it, where as she use to run like a manic after the thing. I had to stop after while because she will not stop until she drops.

Just that, I've realized how age finally catches up with us eventually. I know that is obvious, but sometimes we live as though we live forever.

I'm going to absolutely miss the dog to bits when her time is up. She has been with us since my childhood.

Jheeze I'm not usually an emotion person, but hit me hard for a moment. Sorry for the depressing thread. Just had to share this for the pet lovers here. Happy tears were shed though.
          The 2nd law of thermodynamics damns us all... everything really does descend to chaos...

Comment

Working...
          X