Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can at least all agree, Mayweather is saving this sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we can at least all agree, Mayweather is saving this sport.

A new force in the game is here, and it won't stop.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It could be a great success or a total disaster. Why did Floyd wait until so late in his career to launch this venture? GBP was supposed to be a whole new thing, "by fighters for fighters" and all that, but turned out to be just another promotional company.

My main question is: will Al Haymon still be involved? If not, I would be worried.

Comment

figured I'd post in your lame teeny bop'er fangirl thread so you
      could have more then 1 reply to this suckerfest.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It could be a great success or a total disaster. Why did Floyd wait until so late in his career to launch this venture? GBP was supposed to be a whole new thing, "by fighters for fighters" and all that, but turned out to be just another promotional company.

My main question is: will Al Haymon still be involved? If not, I would be worried.
        Al Haymon is involved. You know it and I know it. Don't be surprised if tons of Haymon fighters end up on TMT in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Doooon't worry.

Comment

how will they be any different from Golden Boy & top rank though? 50 & Floyd are just as much about the money as anyone else. It remains to be seen how TMT will do and if they'll be any less greedy as all the other promoters.

As for now sure it creates some excitement.

Comment

Boxing will be around long after Floyd is gone.
              But yeah....Mayweather and pacquiao are carrying the sport right now.

Comment

50s name alone will bring in ratings, you can imagine all the promotional stuff he's going to be doing. A single tweet and bam, he's got his message out to over 7 million people, this guy is going to be talking about TMT nearly every chance he gets whether it's on the radio or TV.

50 knows what's popular, he knows what appeals to people especially this generation, same with Floyd. Even if it goes bad we will see a bunch of new followers to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  50s name alone will bring in ratings, you can imagine all the promotional stuff he's going to be doing. A single tweet and bam, he's got his message out to over 7 million people, this guy is going to be talking about TMT nearly every chance he gets whether it's on the radio or TV.

50 knows what's popular, he knows what appeals to people especially this generation, same with Floyd. Even if it goes bad we will see a bunch of new followers to boxing.
                  I agree with 50 knowing what appeals to people and what's popular, but Floyd not a chance.

I'm sure he thought Lottery Soda and Philthy Rich Records was going to be popular too.

Comment

Working...
                  X