Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Arum isn't getting criticised like Hearn....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    I think hearn wants to build the fight...he just talks too much. If the scenario played out like he wanted, the fight would be huge, wilder just wasn't having it. They fury fight could make it irrelevant tho. If wilder manages to beat a fury that at least looks decent, it'll build the aj fight much bigger than facing whyte or chisora would have. There needs to be some crossover promotion one way or the other tho...wilder beating a brit is a perfect set up. It's entirely possible we don't see that fight til 2020 tho.
    I can guarantee you 100% that Wilder - Fury was NOT planned and it makes Hearn look horrible while forcing him to pay Wilder much more if he does win. Not to mention that Wilder winning is far from guaranteed.

Hearn simply doesn't need the fight, AJ's fanbase will watch him fight a donkey for all they care, and he doesn't risk getting his skull detached from his body in the process. Best case scenario for Hearn is that Wilder doesn't get through Fury and that he never has to hear from him again.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      I can guarantee you 100% that Wilder - Fury was NOT planned and it makes Hearn look horrible while forcing him to pay Wilder much more if he does win. Not to mention that Wilder winning is far from guaranteed.

Hearn simply doesn't need the fight, AJ's fanbase will watch him fight a donkey for all they care, and he doesn't risk getting his skull detached from his body in the process. Best case scenario for Hearn is that Wilder doesn't get through Fury and that he never has to hear from him again.
      I agree that hearn is in no rush to make that fight, but at some point it will be big enough if both keep winning. A promoter will always cash a fighter out for the right price. It's funny how frustrated wilder fans are getting now tho...the guy has faced almost nobody in 40 fights and now the urgency as soon as they get a sniff of the other guy dragging it out a bit. Many big fights have built much longer than this one. Personally, I'd rather see it sooner than later, but it's pretty much par for the course with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        You are exaggerating the criticism Brook got. He did get some but I think its fair to criticize the selections of Dan, Bizier and Frankie Gavin.

I can only speak for myself. I want Crawford and Manny to unify and Thurman and Spence to unify and then the winners fight. Is there something wrong with that?

Absent that, I would want Spence to defend against Ugas or fight the Porter/Garcia winner next. Is there something wrong with that?

You are trying to make things similar but they really are not.

What fights do you want to see next?
        I'm not exaggerating the criticism Brook got in the slightest. He was ripped apart by most Americans on here on a regular basis.

Brook had to fight Bizier and Dan because they were mandatories. Nothing he could do in that situation considering no one would unify with him.

Spence/Crawford is a big fight right now, so yes, they should fight. Waiting for other fights to materialise in the mean time is nonsense considering Pac doesn't want to fight Crawford, and Thurman doesn't want to face Spence. They are the two best at the weight so should get it on to see who the number 1 is.

Nobody cares for a Ugas fight for Spence, it does nothing for his career. Pointless doesn't even begin to describe it. There's a big fight there with Crawford, so he should put his weight behind getting that fight done. But it seems Spence doesn't really want the Crawford fight after some comments he's come out with. But are people like you criticising Spence the way you would with non American fighters? No you're not. That's the hypocrisy i'm talking about.

If Americans were calling for Brook to fight the best as soon as he won the title, then they should do the same with Spence. So yes, they are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Who cares if Spence and Crawford haven't at this time negotiated? When has that stopped "fans" on this board calling duck when a fight hasn't come to fruition?

It's double standards because one side are British while the other side is American. Hypocrisy at it's finest. If Spence was British you would all be slagging him off right now. Don't pretend you wouldn't.

if spence turned down a purse to fight bud, then he could be called a duck.

you can't duck a fight thats not being offered.

british, mexican, italian, it dont matter.

khan is ducking brook
          pacquiao is ducking crawford
          joshua is ducking wilder

these are the ducks that are going on in boxing right now.

khan has been offered brook.
          joshua has been offered wilder for 50 million
          pacquiao has been offered bud for 2 yrs

Comment

Because everyone knows Crawford has gone through the weight classes. Theres no urgency with that fight

2 heavyweight belt holders is totally different

Well seen team hearn are out on damage control today

Just have to check the threads. I wouldn't be surprised if one or 2 were paid numpties. You then get other ejits joining in for company

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              if spence turned down a purse to fight bud, then he could be called a duck.

you can't duck a fight thats not being offered.

british, mexican, italian, it dont matter.

khan is ducking brook
              pacquiao is ducking crawford
              joshua is ducking wilder

these are the ducks that are going on in boxing right now.

khan has been offered brook.
              joshua has been offered wilder for 50 million
              pacquiao has been offered bud for 2 yrs
              The Crawford fight is on offer to Spence, but he made comments that show he clearly doesn't want it.

And no, fans call duck regardless if an offer has been given or not. To suggest otherwise means you either don't go on boxing forums that often, or you're just another biased idiot who shows hypocrisy in pretty much every post you make.

I've seen plenty of your posts, so I know which one you are.

Comment

Working...
              X