No announcement yet.

Starting to lean towards Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to lean towards Danny Garcia

I think he could beat Porter. I think Shawn will get caught coming in all wild and stupid....

Garcia is a much better all around technician.

I don't understand why he gets dissed so much.

He pretty much does what he needs to do to win. Garcia doesn't always look overwhelming but he ends up getting the job done.

He gave Thurman's power too much respect.

Porter isn't really a power puncher. He wears you down through attrition.

I think Garcia will stop him with Porter getting too aggressive and careless. He'll walk into a big shot and Swift will take him out.

Comment

Porter is too underrated on here. I think people are wrong to think Danny is the more 'skilled' fighter here. Porter is very crafty.

If Danny proves me wrong again here, I would give serious thought to considering him in a HOF discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacoflaco View Post
        Garcia is a much better all around technician.

I don't understand why he gets dissed so much.

He pretty much does what he needs to do to win. Garcia doesn't always look overwhelming but he ends up getting the job done.

He gave Thurman's power too much respect.

Porter isn't really a power puncher. He wears you down through attrition.

I think Garcia will stop him with Porter getting too aggressive and careless. He'll walk into a big shot and Swift will take him out.
        Agree but disagree with a lot of this. Garcia does what he needs to win, but he hasn’t shown that extra gear since Matthysse. Porter is all extra gear. He lacks a lot of fundamentals but has athleticism and a will to win. I’m picking Porter but Garcia can win if he digs deep. He can’t be a slow starter in this.

Comment

Danny is very good at punching from the right distance with that power shot, but more importantly, he should be able to run Shawn into those shots when Porter attacks face first. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny stopped him.

Comment

I think they are evenly matched.I favor Porter to win a close decision because he throws more punches per round and has a stronger will to win. Porter is relentless and sets a very fast pace.

Comment

Stylistically this could be bad for danny. I feel like he likes guys at range and porter can make it tough by coming in, keeping his head in his chest and the constant pressure factor. Could see it playing out like broner fight unless danny is on his p's and q's

Comment

Garcia is going to win this one. I can almost guarantee porter will not fight his usual rushing football style against danny. Porter will get tagged hard with power shots as he rushes in. He will think twice about it and try to outbox danny which you know isn't going to happen.

Danny wins convincingly.

Comment

Tough call. Porter is much busier than Danny.
                  I don't think Danny knocks Porter out .
                  7-5 Porter . Or 114-113 if Danny scores a flash knock down.

Comment

This fight will probably end in a draw so that they have to have a rematch while Keith Thurman has some tune-up fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X