Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 PM #91
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,860,584,675,466,414,080.00
Total Points: 13,862,584,675,466,792,960.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas Cheers! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
You were going good until your American comment. I am American and don't think like that. That is a narrow minded comment.
I never said America was like that, I said that what everything that was wrong with America?

Do you really like this entitlement victim playing culture that is growing?
D4thincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:19 PM #92
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 586 Post(s)
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,301,010,432.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
These drawings have no context so we can't judge if they are racist or not.

The context of the Serena drawing was a serious topic. Added to that, the artist made the opponent white and blonde-making it appear a white woman was being victimized by a large enraged black woman.

Further-the artist is in Australia-Serena is poised to pass Margaret Court, an Australian, for most majors if she wins another one.

Given the context, I think we can fairly make a judgement that there was a definite meaning attached to this.

Good point about context.

But some arguments in this thread focus on the exaggeration of Serena's lips and body. I was just pointing out that exaggeration of a persons features is the definition of what a cartoon is.

The way the artist changed Osaka to a white blonde i feel has also been overly scrutinized.

Either, the artist purposely made Osaka white to make it into a black vs white issue, just because he is a racist.

Or Osaka and the umpire were quite irrelevant to the point being made. That Serena had a massive tantrum.

I heard all about Serena and nothing about Osaka. No idea who she was or what she looked like. Because her achievement was completely overshadowed by Serenas behavior.

I dont buy the conspiracy connected to Margaret Court.
The Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:26 PM #93
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1710 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,437,854,205,399,481.00
Total Points: 3,437,854,205,442,149.00
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Good point about context.

But some arguments in this thread focus on the exaggeration of Serena's lips and body. I was just pointing out that exaggeration of a persons features is the definition of what a cartoon is.

The way the artist changed Osaka to a white blonde i feel has also been overly scrutinized.

Either, the artist purposely made Osaka white to make it into a black vs white issue, just because he is a racist.

Or Osaka and the umpire were quite irrelevant to the point being made. That Serena had a massive tantrum.

I heard all about Serena and nothing about Osaka. No idea who she was or what she looked like. Because her achievement was completely overshadowed by Serenas behavior.

I dont buy the conspiracy connected to Margaret Court.
Doesnt she have blond highlights?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:37 PM #94
Banned

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Beatdowns is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,587.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
Doesnt she have blond highlights?
lol there's no way in hell he didn't make her look like a pale-as-a-ghost White, blonde female on purpose.

A lot of European countries are backwards like that, and they get away with it. I remember when Kim Kardashian went to Austria, she had people on the plane literally harassing her to her face about dating Black guys. They also set up a prank, using a dude in Blackface at some event. Some dude said he was waiting for "N****s in Vienna" too.

This was a cheap attempt to whitewash a Haitian woman, just so that they could fit it into a "Angry Black vs Calm White" narrative.

Ridiculous, really. Osaka is Black
Beatdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:41 PM #95
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1710 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,437,854,205,399,481.00
Total Points: 3,437,854,205,442,149.00
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatdowns View Post
lol there's no way in hell he didn't make her look like a pale-as-a-ghost White, blonde female on purpose.

A lot of European countries are backwards like that, and they get away with it. I remember when Kim Kardashian went to Austria, she had people on the plane literally harassing her to her face about dating Black guys. They also set up a prank, using a dude in Blackface at some event. Some dude said he was waiting for "N****s in Vienna" too.

This was a cheap attempt to whitewash a Haitian woman, just so that they could fit it into a "Angry Black vs Calm White" narrative.

Shes half black right?
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:50 PM #96
Banned

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Beatdowns is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,587.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
Shes half black right?
Yeah, that's what they call her. Half Black, half Japanese

The public, anyway

Doesn't really work that way, though. Genes, in practically most people, come from all over the place, and, well, there's not much sense in trying to use fractions and whatnot lol. Genes are spread throughout an entire human body, so how could anyone possibly quantify that, other than by listing DNA percentages (which really only indicate the presence itself).

If you have Black, you're Black. If you have Asian, you're Asian. You can be both and more at the same time. I feel all the inescapable categories are meant to divide us.

Look at a person like Canelo. People put him in the "Mexican" category, but it's clear he's a mix of quite a lot
Beatdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:13 PM #97
The Watcher

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,206,021,844.58
Total Points: 362,216,135,470.24
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ You're a good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
I never said America was like that, I said that what everything that was wrong with America?

Do you really like this entitlement victim playing culture that is growing?
I don't fell entitled. She does and will blame everything that happens to her on somebody or something else. She got her azz beat and she should take the loss.
STREET CLEANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:24 PM #98
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 586 Post(s)
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,301,010,432.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatdowns View Post

I dont believe the artist thought he could change Osakas race to make it seem it was "angry black" vs "calm white".

His cartoon isnt going to make the millions of people watching that Osaka was white.
Plus, the battle involving Serenas meltdown was between the umpire and Serena.
He could of easily made the umpire blonde.

The umpire and opponent were just generic characters. imo.
The Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:37 PM #99
Greatness!!

Quoted: 2386 Post(s)
megas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 893,961,589,937,013.75
Total Points: 950,960,690,313,835.62
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for the link - hectari good post! - -jose- No Message - -jose- f*ck racism, cheers! - ,GGG 
That is a good find The Manipulated Mang - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamboxing View Post
News Corp has come under global condemnation for publishing a racist, sexist cartoon depicting Serena Williams in its Melbourne paper.

Here's the cartoon. Notice the lips, how they're loose and open and dumb like unlike Serena's real lips and also the weight. Serena is NOT fat:

Full article: [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Some say it's not racist, just a caricature. I disagree. The weight, the lips....all ripped from old Sambo cartoons. Here's one of them:

What makes it racist for me is that they contrast her with a skinny, blonde, white cartoon opponent. Her opponent in said game was a biracial woman- a black father and an Asian mother. The blonde white opponent is a subliminal way of using the "black is evil" vs "white is pure and good" old racist tropes.
megas30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 PM #100
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2283 Post(s)
D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,860,584,675,466,414,080.00
Total Points: 13,862,584,675,466,792,960.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas Cheers! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by megas30 View Post
What makes it racist for me is that they contrast her with a skinny, blonde, white cartoon opponent. Her opponent in said game was a biracial woman- a black father and an Asian mother. The blonde white opponent is a subliminal way of using the "black is evil" vs "white is pure and good" old racist tropes.
She did have a blonde ponytail though.
D4thincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
cartoon, racist?

User Tag List