No announcement yet.

Joe Joyce thoughts ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Joyce thoughts ?

I personally see joyce doing a number on any active heayweight and Dumb Daniel Dubois is going to be a hell of a lot dumber when hes got a prime heavyweight margarito all over him

Look at Foreman ,you dont need speed to dominate you just have to have perfect timing and accuracy and a monsterous pace ,also a good hurtful jab and granite chin and heart

Joyce may not look pretty in the ring but he has it all.

If he doesnt knock you.out he'll make you quit

That's exactly what I see....Daniel Dubois will quit and possibly quit on his stool if he doesn't land a knockout in 4 rounds....which I don't see happening....Dubois is nothing more than a hype

Comment

I’ve got Joyce winning

His hand speed might be slow but he is deceptively quite good with his feet at getting into range, cutting off the ring and pushing opponents back doing that.

Daniel Dubois fights very correct and good technique, but pretty much fights in straight lines and I think that will be very good for Joe. I see him being able to manoeuvre Daniel Dubois and land shots.

I think you would need some decent lateral movement and angles to keep Joyce off you

Of course, Dubois seems a good puncher but that’s against poor opponents, but he could level Joe Joyce. But if he can’t, I think he’s in big trouble, Unless he’s a better boxer and mover than we have seen.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 11-27-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

hes the real deal, a genuine world class heavyweight. talent level was clear for everyone to see in the amateurs, and if they hadnt robbed him in olympic final he'd have been most decorated uk amateur of all time. people hype up ortiz as some master boxer, great cuban amateur yet he couldnt have laced joes boots, they were on a completely different level. i dont think he will have any problems beating dubois, some young kid with a big punch and not a lot else, is bread and better stuff for joe joyce.

Comment

Don’t rate him, I think the fight with Dubois will be a massacre in Dubois favour and whether it goes long or short just depends on how good Joyce’ chin is.

That’s not to say Dubois is the best thing since sliced bread but I still think he has a lot more to offer and is better than Joyce in every comparable way. Dubois may still turn out to be a hype job for all we know, but Joyce wouldn’t be the guy to expose it imo.

Comment

I'm surprised so many ppl going for Joe Joyce, very interesting to read why ppl think that.

I think both are solid basic and competent but Dubois power is legit and although Joyce is happy to ship a few to land a few it's never the smartest tactic against good fighters, especially at Heavy and especially against those that hit hard.

But I'm guna keep reading. I'm beginning to wonder what I'm missing.
            Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              I'm surprised so many ppl going for Joe Joyce, very interesting to read why ppl think that.

I think both are solid basic and competent but Dubois power is legit and although Joyce is happy to ship a few to land a few it's never the smartest tactic against good fighters, especially at Heavy and especially against those that hit hard.

But I'm guna keep reading. I'm beginning to wonder what I'm missing.
              Apparently Dubois has been hurt good few times in sparring and struggles to recover. His head is not much bigger than my pet cats tiny skull.

He has good fundamentals but is also quite basic and predictable. He fights in straight lines at one pace.

If you watch the Johnson fight it was clear he didn’t really know to mix things up.

He also hasn’t fought any decent competition.

Joyce has the slowest hand speed I’ve ever seen but he does have good foot speed and is quite unorthodox. He’s had a decorated amateur career and should have won the Olympic gold.

He’s tough and durable with an insane engine and thudding power.

If he can box smart he should win this fight

Comment

joe joyce thoughts?

u would hope are quicker than his punches
                Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

I'll give him his due credit in that he can punch, he's durable, and yeah, his footwork and IQ aren't bad - all that time in the amateurs doesn't seem to have gone to waste. Plus he's genuinely a massive heavyweight, the ring name "Juggernaut" feels apt - he feels like he's even more massive than he actually is, and he's not small to begin with. But his defense is nonexistent and his handspeed is just a joke. Despite the knockout wins he has I've yet to see a fight of his where I've been really impressed by what he's done. Even in fights where ultimately he's bulldozed his way to stoppage or lopsided decision wins I've always been struck more by how easily his opponents were hitting him than anything he was doing, even when those shots were plinking off him with seemingly no impact. Most of the guys he's fought so far are either light punchers by HW standards, or just too unskilled or undisciplined to pose a real threat. Dubois doesn't fit into either of those categories, he's young, well-drilled, fast and an accurate and devastating puncher. If Joyce does get past Dubois I'll be impressed for sure, but he's just not shown me enough to convince me that's going to happen. If he does have that bit extra that'll allow him to challenge the elite, he's going to have to show it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post
                    I personally see joyce doing a number on any active heayweight and Dumb Daniel Dubois is going to be a hell of a lot dumber when hes got a prime heavyweight margarito all over him

Look at Foreman ,you dont need speed to dominate you just have to have perfect timing and accuracy and a monsterous pace ,also a good hurtful jab and granite chin and heart

Joyce may not look pretty in the ring but he has it all.

If he doesnt knock you.out he'll make you quit
                    Sometimes when fighters are formed, it is almost as if? They are bestowed with deliberately deficiencies, otherwise they would be too formidable.

Just imagine Joe Joyce had Lennox Lewis type speed 'For a super heavyweight'.

Joe Joyce maybe has the best endurance out of all heavyweights, and seems to be extremely durable 'George Foreman type invulnerability'.

Note: I have not actually picked a winner, and will be staying neutral on the fight. But due to his experience, Joe Joyce should really be winning this fight 'I see Daniel Dubois as the Challenger'.

Tomorrow night, the 4th air to the heavyweight throne 'Will announce themselves to the world'. After tomorrow night the winner of this fight, should be in line to face both Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua etc.
                    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-27-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X