Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Conor vs Khabib in the list of most embarrassing MMA fights ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you rank Conor vs Khabib in the list of most embarrassing MMA fights ever

Where would you place Conor vs Khabib on the list of most embarrassing MMA fights ever?

Here is my personal list

1. Conor Mcgregor vs Jose Aldo
    2. Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes
    3. Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib
    4. Ronda vs Holly Holm
    5. Anderson Silva vs Forrest

Theres probably way more, but these five are definitely up there

I actually thought it was a pretty decent fight. Not sure why the fight itself would be embarrassing

Comment

No where near the top.
      Wasn't competitive other than the 3rd Rd, and the guy did get embarrassed, but there's been much worse in MMA.

Fedor vs Sylvia @ Affliction 1 was pretty remarkable.
      GSP vs Matt Serra 1 is still considered the greatest upset of all time in the UFC.
      Some others that are worse include;
      Lesnar vs Cain (Velasquez, not the Undertaker's brother)
      Silva vs Wideman 1, because the KO happened during clowning.
      Any number of Sakuraba matches where he literally spanked and humiliated opponents.

Comment

Embarrassing how? With how badly a guy lost? Or the post fight sh^t? Or something else entirely?

I actually thought Conor did better than I expected him to do while still clearly losing. Wasn't a good L for him, but wasn't THAT bad either.

So it definitely wasn't that embarrassing an L & the fight was fun I thought so definitely nothing embarrassing there.

The post-fight sh^t was weird & embarrassing for MMA & that sh^t might be among the top 5, top 10 most embarrassing MMA moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Embarrassing how? With how badly a guy lost? Or the post fight sh^t? Or something else entirely?

I actually thought Conor did better than I expected him to do while still clearly losing. Wasn't a good L for him, but wasn't THAT bad either.

So it definitely wasn't that embarrassing an L & the fight was fun I thought so definitely nothing embarrassing there.

The post-fight sh^t was weird & embarrassing for MMA & that sh^t might be among the top 5, top 10 most embarrassing MMA moments.
          Did you see what Colby Covington tweeted to Khabib?

The tweet was since removed but he twitted this:

@TeamKhabib is a #filthyanimal. Way to set the sport back 20 years you stupid sheep ****er #ufc229

— Colby Covington (@ColbyCovMMA) October 7, 2018
          And this:

All you sheep are on the Kabob train tonight, but if you knew what they did to sheep where he's from… you wouldn't get so close. @TeamKhabib #ufc229

— Colby Covington (@ColbyCovMMA) October 6, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Did you see what Colby Covington tweeted to Khabib?

The tweet was since removed but he twitted this:

And this:
            LOL not surprised. Colby is on some poormans Sonnen type sh^t these days & he steps out of bounds far too often either on purpose or trying so hard to offend he doesn't realize when he's out of bounds with some of his remarks.

I get the hustle doe. He's just trying to get paid I believe. I'm not sure he actually believes any of this sh^t. He's just trying to get hits & retweets.

Comment

The only embarrassing part was Conor getting knocked down by the grappler. And that's because of the trash talk beforehand mostly, it was a great moment otherwise.

Conor broke Khabib's round winning streak which is a pretty big deal, I forget the numbers I think Khabib was at 30+ rounds won in a row, only a few behind GSP the record holder. Pretty good for being inactive for 2 years. He also managed to take much less damage on the ground than Khabib's other opponents even though he got finished.

Everybody already knew that if Conor lost, it would be in this manner but it was expected to be much more brutal and over much faster. It didn't go down that way.

Comment

Silva against Griffin was the most embarrassing. He was so embarrassed, that Griffin ran back to the locker room after that.

The only thing that sucked about that was having to hear the extremely cheesy "run Forrest run" jokes from Tito Ortiz when they fought again. Total cringe. Smh

Comment

I think Conor basically tapped out due to being beaten/exhausted (that choke wasn't really locked in) but other than that it was just Khabib being better at MMA. Not really an embarrassing fight.

Honestly the most embarrassing were probably the Silva vs Weidman fights. Silva had taunted & bullied a bunch of opponents into making stupid mistakes but when he ran into a guy who ignored it and just kept defending himself it was like throwing an egg at a wall.
                  Last edited by ////; 10-10-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

It gets closer to the top purely because of the magnitude of the fight and the amount of chit talk Mcgregor came out with, only for it all to backfire and he even got DROPPED on the feet.

Conor limited the amount of damage he took early on but eventually it was too much for him and he gave Khabib his neck. Did you see Conor before Khabib submitted him? They were rolling towards the cage and Mcgregor tried to take the easy route out by offering his neck, his face said it all.

Embarrassing all around, Conor is a drugged out douche now and he might need to retire. It sounds harsh but you can't take 2 years off and party, drink, take drugs and expect to be the same fighter. His striking was fuccing pathetic.

He needs to choose MMA or family/partying life. I think he chooses the latter, the hunger isn't there

Comment

Working...
                    X