Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder 'Would Love' For Barclays Center To Host Fury Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    You're correct! I don't get it! Lennox criticized Joshua for not accepting a $50M dollar offer to fight Wilder! Joshua asked for $50M, and then, as Lewis pointed out, he "changed his tune!" I don't think that's weird at all!
    50 mill to get robbed on the cards

Joshua already earns 20 mill a fight he doesn’t need to except any offer off the b side bomber . He can choose where he fights

Lewis is a salty old poof ... he’s been talking wet ever since Joshua beat Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
      50 mill to get robbed on the cards

Joshua already earns 20 mill a fight he doesn’t need to except any offer off the b side bomber . He can choose where he fights

Lewis is a salty old poof ... he’s been talking wet ever since Joshua beat Klitschko
      $30 million dollars is a lot of money! Your kids can't eat belts! I'm cool if Joshua never comes here! He'll just be one of the few (if not the only) heavyweight champions to refuse to fight in the U.S. That's weird! Pacquiao fights here! Canelo fights here! Lomachenko fights here! Golovkin fights here! Fighters from all over the world come to fight here! World Champions fight here! Always have, and always will! We won't miss Joshua! Can't miss what you never had! BIG UP LENNOX!

Comment

$30 million dollars is a lot of money! Your kids can't eat belts! I'm cool if Joshua never comes here! He'll just be one of the few (if not the only) heavyweight champions to refuse to fight in the U.S. That's weird! Pacquiao fights here! Canelo fights here! Lomachenko fights here! Golovkin fights here! Fighters from all over the world come to fight here! World Champions fight here! Always have, and always will! We won't miss Joshua! Can't miss what you never had! BIG UP LENNOX!
        All those guys you’ve mentioned are great fighters

How many of them sell out 90,000 fan football stadiums and take home 20mil

I would much rather fight in front of boxing fans than high rollers in Vegas

Comment

Fight SHOULD be in the UK.

Comment

Fury should not agree to fight in NYC where the doctor will give Wilder extra time to recover and where all 3 judges had him up over Ortiz in a fight where he was clearly behind.

Comment

Has to be in UK or no fight. Fans around the world, including the US, are sick of corrupt US judges always favoring the American or Mexican A-side in every big fight.

The only argument I've seen made against the rematch taking place in the UK is that the pay-per-view revenue is much better in the US so the fight must take place in the US. However, that's only because the PPV prices are three times higher in the US. I'm sure if it's explained to the UK fans that the only way to start getting these big boxing matches in the UK featuring American fighters is to raise the UK PPV price to match the US price, they will be more than willing to do that to get fights like this rematch on UK soil.

Make the fight at night time in the UK, on UK soil, mid-day in the US. Change the UK PPV price to $80 to watch it live during prime time, change the US PPV price to $25 to watch it live in the early afternoon. With those changes in place, the PPV revenue from the UK will now beat the PPV revenue from the US by a huge amount, eliminating the only remaining argument to keep putting these big PPV fights on US soil. And if that's the price of saving the sport from these corrupt US judges in the future, then I'm sure that's a price UK fans are willing to pay.

Comment

the uk would be nice, is fury pushing for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Has to be in UK or no fight. Fans around the world, including the US, are sick of corrupt US judges always favoring the American or Mexican A-side in every big fight.

The only argument I've seen made against the rematch taking place in the UK is that the pay-per-view revenue is much better in the US so the fight must take place in the US. However, that's only because the PPV prices are three times higher in the US. I'm sure if it's explained to the UK fans that the only way to start getting these big boxing matches in the UK featuring American fighters is to raise the UK PPV price to match the US price, they will be more than willing to do that to get fights like this rematch on UK soil.

Make the fight at night time in the UK, on UK soil, mid-day in the US. Change the UK PPV price to $80 to watch it live during prime time, change the US PPV price to $25 to watch it live in the early afternoon. With those changes in place, the PPV revenue from the UK will now beat the PPV revenue from the US by a huge amount, eliminating the only remaining argument to keep putting these big PPV fights on US soil. And if that's the price of saving the sport from these corrupt US judges in the future, then I'm sure that's a price UK fans are willing to pay.
                  the fight was very close, im not seeing this big robbery u all are crying about, I understand why u say fury won but there was NO ROBBERY! but the fight in the Uk would be epic

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                    All those guys you’ve mentioned are great fighters

How many of them sell out 90,000 fan football stadiums and take home 20mil

I would much rather fight in front of boxing fans than high rollers in Vegas
                    Pacquiao could easily sell out 90,000 tickets for the price paid in the UK! However, he's smarter than that! He fought Mayweather in front of less than 20,000 at the MGM Grand, and made $100 Million! Canelo and GGG just fought in Las Vegas:

September 24, 2018:

The rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin on Sept. 15 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas sold approximately 1.1 million pay-per-view buys, multiple industry sources have told ESPN...

The live gate figures were released on Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the fight notched the fourth biggest in boxing and Nevada history. The fight generated $23,473,500 from the sale of 16,732 tickets at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The promoters gave away 1,451 complimentary tickets, according to the commission report.

The gate figure for Alvarez-Golovkin II places it behind the first fight last September, also at T-Mobile Arena, which generated $27,059,850 in tickets sales.

The all-time biggest gate was the $72,198,500 for Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao in 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas followed by a gate of $55,414,865.79 for Mayweather-Conor McGregor in August 2017 at T-Mobile Arena.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...llion-ppv-buys

FYI, neither Canelo, nor Golovkin, are from the U.S.! Lol! Please stop embarrassing yourself! 90,000 fans in the UK < 17,000 in the U.S.! It's not that complicated!
                    Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-10-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao could easily sell out 90,000 tickets for the price paid in the UK! However, he's smarter than that! He fought Mayweather in front of less than 20,000 at the MGM Grand, and made $100 Million! Canelo and GGG just fought in Las Vegas:

September 24, 2018:

The rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin on Sept. 15 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas sold approximately 1.1 million pay-per-view buys, multiple industry sources have told ESPN...

The live gate figures were released on Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the fight notched the fourth biggest in boxing and Nevada history. The fight generated $23,473,500 from the sale of 16,732 tickets at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The promoters gave away 1,451 complimentary tickets, according to the commission report.

The gate figure for Alvarez-Golovkin II places it behind the first fight last September, also at T-Mobile Arena, which generated $27,059,850 in tickets sales.

The all-time biggest gate was the $72,198,500 for Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao in 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas followed by a gate of $55,414,865.79 for Mayweather-Conor McGregor in August 2017 at T-Mobile Arena.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...llion-ppv-buys

FYI, neither Canelo, nor Golovkin, are from the U.S.! Lol! Please stop embarrassing yourself! 90,000 fans in the UK < 17,000 in the U.S.! It's not that complicated!
                      That’s not what I said / meant dafty

Those fighters travelled to America to make the big money

Joshua already makes big money where he is .

I know the top fighters you mentioned earn top wack in front of 17,000 . Not the point I was trying to make (badly)

Comment

Working...
                      X