No announcement yet.

Uzbek, Kazakh & Azeri Prospects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    I actually like this young prospect from Russia, he's Dagestani, turned pro at the young age (he's only 21) so there's a lot of room to improve, and even if his resume consisting of low quality fighters (which is logical at this point of his career) he looks impressive walking through them. Good defense and offense, speed and some power in his punches. But the fact that he's signed with Ryabinky is disappointing - that means his career will go nowhere, he needs some contract with American promoters

Check these two fights and tell me what you think

Looks good mate. Well worth a watch.

I like how he puts his punches together and he looks calm and collected in the ring.

Comment

Let me give you two names that flew under the radar:

Meirim Nursultanov - Kazakhstan
      Hurshidbek Normatov - Uzbekistan

They did not medal in major international championships but they were really good in the WSB. They have both turned pro in 2016.

You might wanna keep an eye on welterweight prospect Carlos Adames. He's obviously not from the countries you mentioned but he's the best Dominican prospect in recent years in my opinion. As the other two he looked good in the WSB. He turned pro in 2015.

Comment

Noticed an Uzbek on boxrec called Azizbek Abdugofurov. Only 3-0 but just beat 17-0 opponent and has fights against 41-2 and 91-2 guys coming up. Obviously that 91-2 record is padded as fuck but impressive competition for someone so inexperienced to be facing. Was he an amateur standout?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Noticed an Uzbek on boxrec called Azizbek Abdugofurov. Only 3-0 but just beat 17-0 opponent and has fights against 41-2 and 91-2 guys coming up. Obviously that 91-2 record is padded as fuck but impressive competition for someone so inexperienced to be facing. Was he an amateur standout?
          I believe he was displaced from the Uzbek podium squad by Bektemir Melikuziev. He only fought one round against Russia's Artem Chebotarev (who has also just turned pro btw) in the 2013 World Championships and Chebotarev looked to be getting the better of it imo, though it's obviously not much to go by

Comment

Top Rank have apparently signed Fazliddin Gaibnazarov, gold medallist at LWW in Rio. Managed by Egis Klimas

Dont remember him too well. Beat the Cuban Azeri Sottomayor in the final. Only 25yrs old.

Reading up on him this was the guy who Gary Russell was 'robbed' against. Be interesting to see that fight back
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-16-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Gaibnazarov beat Mauras on points in his second fight

Anyone know the deal with Alimkhanully? Good KO win in his first bout Oct 2016, nothing since.

Comment

Gaibnazarov did look skillfull but a little bit Amateur still.

Looked better when settled down throwing harder single shots than combinations.

Comment

This dude from Uzbekistan, Qudratillo Abduqaxorov is WBC silver welterweight champ. Still only 23 years old. 11-0 (8 KO/TKOs). His last opponent who he beat for the WBC silver belt was a clown doe.

Don't know how this fool beat Dmitry Mikhaylenko who I thought was pretty solid in a HBO telecast fight against Karim Mayfield.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                    Qudratillo Abduqaxorov

Surely he's taking the mic out of us westerners with that name.

Imagine poor old Carl Froch or RJJr trying to pronounce that

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Surely he's taking the mic out of us westerners with that name.

Imagine poor old Carl Froch or RJJr trying to pronounce that
                      Even I can't say that. Prolly just call him Abdu will be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                      X