• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meldrick Taylor vs Glenwood Brown

Fun fight, havent seen this before

Comment

• Joe Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy never get tired of watching it

Comment

• Shannon Briggs vs Frans Botha - Not for purists, but a great scrap nevertheless.

Comment

• James Toney vs Dave Tiberi.
          Entertaining 12 round fight. I think it has to go down as one of the worst decisions in a championship fight. I don't think I ever saw TNT Tiberi again. He was robbed , the Toney camp should have been charged with grand larceny

Comment

• Needed to refresh my memory on another thread., Led me looking for Cobb Shavers
            Talk about not giving a damn, Tex was your man

Comment

• Monte Barrett vs. Owen Beck

I hadn't watched this fight since I watched it live on the undercard of the so-so, hunt and peck Judah vs. Spinks fight. Beck vs. Barrett was a deceptively, unexpectedly good, competitive fight with both relatively evenly matched guys at their relative best and a steady punch output with bad intentions. Good action throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by joebloggs789 View Post
                Joe Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy never get tired of watching it
                Good call. I gotta watch that again. I remember Lacy's corner throwing the cameramen out of the dressing room after the fight while they were stitching him up after. He was demolished. Calzaghe's punches didn't look that savage, ever, really, but it was that awkward, strange, slick death by papercuts style that surprised a lot fighters better than Lacy.

Comment

• Erik morales vs Wayne McCullough, non stop action. Word has it not that long ago El Terrible thought about quitting on the stool. Every time morales landed a heavy punch , the pocket rocket responded. McCullough faught Hamed & Morales back to back . A real prize fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by clemenza View Post
                    Erik morales vs Wayne McCullough, non stop action. Word has it not that long ago El Terrible thought about quitting on the stool. Every time morales landed a heavy punch , the pocket rocket responded. McCullough faught Hamed & Morales back to back . A real prize fighter
                    Forgot about that!

McCullough has to be one of the toughest nuts of all time

Comment

• Salvador Sanchez vs. Pat Cowdell

I'm going through Sanchez' career set as I usually do once a year. Thoroughly enjoyable match. Cowdell had an awkward style and good speed so he presented some problems for Sanchez who'd looked nothing short of sensational after the Gomez win. Cowdell held his own and perhaps even had a lead at the half way point but Sanchez, being a very smart fighter found patterns and starting cranking it up and landing the right with a bit more regularity and won some big rounds to take the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X