No announcement yet.

2 Questions about sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions about sparring

1: So I have recently started to spar where I am aiming to hit the guy in the jawline, like in the jaw and the chin (never did before,I know,it's stupid).

What does it mean when the guy you are sparring instantly covers up after a hit to the jawline or chin and stops throwing?

2: What does it mean when the guy you are fighting who is heavier than you goes backwards all the time. aren't the heavier guys supposed to stand their ground and fight?

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
    1: So I have recently started to spar where I am aiming to hit the guy in the jawline, like in the jaw and the chin (never did before,I know,it's stupid).

What does it mean when the guy you are sparring instantly covers up after a hit to the jawline or chin and stops throwing?

2: What does it mean when the guy you are fighting who is heavier than you goes backwards all the time. aren't the heavier guys supposed to stand their ground and fight?
    1. if you touch a guy in his face he will instantly try to protect himself, that's just how it is.

2. The guy that you are working with is giving you the opportunity to learn, and you should be thankful....... Rockin'

Comment

1. It's natural reaction to cover up when you get hit, if he keeps doing it, look where the opening is when he covers up and go there next.

2. What rockin said, your new, so it sounds like the other guy is just letting you work without bashing your skull in, that's a good thing. He could also be working on something else himself, footwork, defense, timing, etc.

Remember, your just learning, and your new to sparring, your trying to learn, not win a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        1. It's natural reaction to cover up when you get hit, if he keeps doing it, look where the opening is when he covers up and go there next.
        ^^^^^^ this right here.

Comment

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
          Not really. Depends. If you snap out a jab right at his forehead and his head snaps back, that's very easy scoring blow for the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Not really. Depends. If you snap out a jab right at his forehead and his head snaps back, that's very easy scoring blow for the judges.
            I would always aim for the forehead myself.

Comment

Working...
            X