Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Real Answer Is Joshua's Team Doesn't Want Wilder Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Real Answer Is Joshua's Team Doesn't Want Wilder Fight

It's obvious to Frank Warren that members of Anthony Joshua's team don't want him to fight Deontay Wilder. There's no other explanation, according to Warren, for Joshua turning down $80 million in guarantees for a fall showdown with Wilder and a rematch in the event Wilder defeated him. Warren was surprised Joshua turned down that kind of money, but that decision enabled the heavyweight he promotes, Tyson Fury, to get involved in negotiations with Wilder for a November bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warren was privy to details of the well-documented offer Wilder’s team made to Joshua because Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, sought Warren’s assistance while putting it together.

“When they were putting the bid together, the offer to Joshua, I helped [Finkel] with some of the matters, what they were looking for, what BT would put in, would BT be interested in buying the fight,” Warren said. “Remember, they were looking to promote the fight. And BT was very interested in broadcasting it. It wasn’t about being on Sky [Sports]. For them, it was about who came up with the most money. So we were talking. But the bottom line about all this is he was offered a $50 million guarantee. And if he lost the fight, the rematch would’ve guaranteed him $30 million. That was the bottom line. It could’ve been more than that.

“So for me, the money’s right. That’s huge money. I can’t see a boxer walking away from a guarantee of $80 million minimum. So the only answer, the real reason the fight didn’t happen is they don’t fancy it. So who doesn’t fancy it? I don’t know whether it’s the promoter doesn’t fancy it. I know the trainer don’t fancy it. He never makes any comment on it. But I know that Robert McCracken doesn’t fancy that fight. So that’s where it’s at..." - Frank Warren

Warren putting Hearn and Joshua on blast! Lennox Lewis putting Joshua on blast! Tyson Fury putting Hearn and Joshua on blast! It was a b*tch move, plain and simple! COWARDS!

Comment

Anyone with a brain see that it was a clear duck by Joshua.

Comment

Frankie Warren was very clear and his explanation of why the fight between Wilder and Joshua isn't happening has to be correct. Joshua's team doesn't want the fight, however the unanswered question is why? To me there has to be a logical reason and that reason is not one based on personalities. The absolutely most logical explanation is Joshua's team firmly believe that Wilder beats Joshua and does it in a fashion that damages Joshua's career going forward. What else could it be?

Comment

I agree with Warren. It's the new way of doing business. I don't necessarily agree they're afraid of losing the fight. I think they're afraid losing control of when and where the fight takes place. If they accepted the offer from Wilder's team, they would have to take a backseat in the fight plans.

Comment

both "fast eddie" and the underwearsalesman are a couple of known liars the real reason they don't "fancy" the fight they know the underwearsalesman will be KO'ed inside 3 rds all in all nothing more than a non-event between a couple paper chumps

Comment

interesting so Finkel and Warren did screw it up on purpose. Hearn said at the offer he was interested but could they have a meeting as AJ had an exclusive contract with SkySports which Warren is aware of and they needed to clarify this would be on Sky. Finkel refused to meet clarify this and said Hearn had to agree to a contract he couldn't legally agree to and as a verbal contract in NYC can be legally binding could be sued for.

Nasty move by Finkel not as bad as when he left Briggs in intensive care with 25K for his wages to pay the hospital bill after the Klitschko fight but hey the guy is a scum bag.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              “When they were putting the bid together, the offer to Joshua, I helped [Finkel] with some of the matters, what they were looking for, what BT would put in, would BT be interested in buying the fight,” Warren said. “Remember, they were looking to promote the fight. And BT was very interested in broadcasting it. It wasn’t about being on Sky [Sports].

Comment

no they refused to pay someone what they werent worth as the B side. if you start overpaying opponents, everyones gonna want unrealistic amounts. some of you guys need to educate yourselves on the business side of boxing.

Comment

Duh.........

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                    no they refused to pay someone what they werent worth as the B side. if you start overpaying opponents, everyones gonna want unrealistic amounts. some of you guys need to educate yourselves on the business side of boxing.
                    No, son. They didn't do that. They refused payment. They refused to accept that money, not pay it out

Comment

Working...
                    X