Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will AJ-Klit crown a new lineal Heavyweight champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    Eh, not ahead of Wlad but he's ahead of Wilder, IMO.

Whyte is better than anyone Wilder has fought..
    What has Whyte ever done? I can see no basis whatsoever for saying he's better than Wilder's competition.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      lmao yeah I wouldn't be excited for that rematch either

Comment

But to answer the head topic - yes - it will.

Right now Fury is the "lineal champion in recess."

The winner of this fight should be considered the "active/current" lineal champion.

Even if Wilder fights and beats Parker to unify, the lineage still belongs with Wlad right now (since Fury is out, and they had a rematch clause - so Wlad becomes the lineal champ once again until Fury comes back.

Fury should have an immediate shot at either Joshua, or Wlad for his belts as long as he returns within a year from the date he was stripped, which was like mid-November.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          What has Whyte ever done? I can see no basis whatsoever for saying he's better than Wilder's competition.
          He beat Chizzy, and knocked Joshua silly for a few minutes lol. Made Joshua do a "mini" stanky leg!

Thus far, nobody else has been able to get to Joshua's chin.

Lol I know he was brutally knocked out by Joshua all the same.

Actually, I think I'm gonna admit my mistake here, and agree with ya: Wilder's wins over Duhaupas, Molina, Stiverne, Arreola, and Spilzka are better than Joshua's wins over Whyte, Molina, Charles Johnson (god that guy is the worst HW champion of all-time; OF ALL TIME), Breazele, and Kevin Johnson.

EDIT - I meant Charles Martin - that's how bad the dude is - you can't even remember his name.

After Duhaupus sparked Helenius, that really made that win look a lot better.

It's pretty close either way, though. Breazele, and Whyte were both undefeated - Wilder hasn't taken anyone's "0"

But for now, I'll go ahead and admit my mistake, and agree with ya Wilder has an edge over Joshua competition wise, and deaerves to be ranked higher.

They are both paper champions, though. There's only one TRUE HW CHAMP now, and he's in recess, recovering..

Comment

Working...
          X