Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Khan beats Canelo (Detailed Breakdown Inside, Styles Makes Fights!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely see Khan winning some rounds but he's going to get caught at some stage.

Comment

What makes this fight ridiculous is not the size but the fact Canelo is genuinely more skilled.. Getting outboxed by Mayweather is significantly different. Khan isn't a counter punching defensive genius who can stay in the pocket and counter from mid-range... Lara was beyond being on his bike and Canelo somehow still hunted him down and landed thunderous body shots on an extremely sturdy guy. Khan is getting rag dolled after every body shot.

Think of Kovalev vs pascal. Khan is fast but he'd have to be Goku fast which he isn't. Handspeed he has an edge but it's not that wide since Canelo has better fighting and defensive instincts...and reflexes. His feet are faster but that won't matter because Khan can't win a pot-shotting fight vs Canelo because he can't fight that way and remain unscathed the way Floyd can. Khan doesn't have the grappling strength or know-how like Floyd who's amazing at initiating and breaking away. Floyd is a master of inside control. Khan is going to try to rush in, chin up, straight line and he's going to run into a telephone like jab and left hooks are going to fold him. Remember that round where it looked like he'd die vs Maidana? Imagine that the entire fight against a bigger better fighter...

Khan will need a roid like performance to even be in it. Even if they were the same size this is still a fight he'd be getting stopped in.

Comment

I can't believe people are actually trying to convince themselves Khan has any chance. Literally all he has is speed. He has no other advantage in this fight. And we can't even be sure what his speed will actually look like moving up. Besides, it will mean nothing, just like it usually means nothing, because he doesn't have the skill to make it really count.

Take Danny Garcia. Give him quicker hands and better defense. Make him bigger. That's pretty damn close to Saul Alvarez. Khan's getting destroyed.

Comment

Dwyer, is that you?

Comment

It absolutely boggles my mind how people keep insisting that Khan has some kind of pure boxer skill that would allow him to have success with Alvarez from the outside. Khan fights like a poor man's Manny Pacquiao. He has to overwhelm opponents with speedy combinations or he looks awful. How do people not see this and understand just how awful a match up Alvarez is for him?

Comment

Why is everyone saying Khans speed will cause Canelo fits?

has any of you mofo's even seen Khan fight at that weight?

His speed might not be there with all that extra weight and muscle.We just don't know until training footage is released.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I can't believe people are actually trying to convince themselves Khan has any chance. Literally all he has is speed. He has no other advantage in this fight. And we can't even be sure what his speed will actually look like moving up. Besides, it will mean nothing, just like it usually means nothing, because he doesn't have the skill to make it really count.

Take Danny Garcia. Give him quicker hands and better defense. Make him bigger. That's pretty damn close to Saul Alvarez. Khan's getting destroyed.
                I am honestly shocked at the reaction to this fight!!

People thinking Khan can win is the least shocking thing to be honest, hardly anyone is criticising this farce of a middleweight title bout. The apocalypse must be near lol.

Comment

I see this as khans fight
                  Khan has lost or looked poor when he's gone in as favourite or underestimated his opponent, garcia, Peterson, Prescott, McCloskey, Algerie
                  If Khan is fully focused its very winnable, he can't switch off or will get caught
                  I feel hunter's screaming distracts Khan, he needs to get himself dialed in well before fight night

Comment

Prescott threw hayemakers? He timed Khan in only thirty seconds. Thank god he's changed his style or else Canelo would've done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Algieri was countering his ass easily. Every right hand was rocking Khan. Just crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X