Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Pundit Doug Fischer watched May vs. Maidana again and says Maidana won...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhenWeWereKings View Post
    Doug Fischer said just recently that he rewatched Floyd vs. Maidana and said he could see it scored as a Maidana win.

Lederman about a month ago said the best score, the closest one in his view, was the draw.

Stephen Breadman Edwards scored it a Maidana win.

These guys didn't have to air these thoughts. I think they loved Maidana's old school, La Motta type approach and performance. But also they want Floyd to fight more impressively, throw harder, to win by more rounds.

Internet Boxing Guys who scored it a draw or win for Chino:

Wingy Boxing
    T Street Controversy
    78 sports tv
    boxingwave
    Eric Bradley
    dstyleboxing

Granted, 80 some percent or the media called it a Floyd win. But Doug Fischer, Lederman and Stephen Edwards are three of the biggest names in the boxing media. And T Street and Wingy are probably the two biggest boxing youtubers(Die Hard Floyders Dwyer and Tha Boxing Voice scored it around 9-3 for Floyd.)

I think the stage is set for close scores Sept. 13. The public scored it close to a draw and has pushed guys like Fischer and Lederman(and probably the judges on Sept. 13th.) to look at the fight again and score it for the active, aggressive guy who landed more punches. Which means Floyd will have to do more to win e.g. Toney vs Jirov.
    I scored it a draw as well. Floyd didn't turn it on til the second half of the fight, and didn't win every round in the second half either

I had it 4-2 after 6 for Maidana, and 4-2 for Floyd in the 2nd half, 6-6

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      I scored it a draw as well. Floyd didn't turn it on til the second half of the fight, and didn't win every round in the second half either

I had it 4-2 after 6 for Maidana, and 4-2 for Floyd in the 2nd half, 6-6
      Good post. Well said.

Comment

This fight wasn't close

I watched it live and scored it 9-3 Maidana

I watched it later and scored it 8-4 Maidana and thats the way I see the fight to this day

People that think Floyd won are the same people that thought Garcia beat Herrerra

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
          I respect Doug Fischer Opinion he is IMO one of the few straight shooters in boxing media. I never see him being bias towards anybody and calls a spade a spade.
          how can you support a bum like maidana ? didn't he lose to king khan lol

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            This fight wasn't close

I watched it live and scored it 9-3 Maidana

I watched it later and scored it 8-4 Maidana and thats the way I see the fight to this day

People that think Floyd won are the same people that thought Garcia beat Herrerra
            thanks God no one takes your troll ass serious around here lol

I bet you scored the last pacquiao vs JMM fight a draw too

Comment

To Maidana, stand your ground and die with your own sword.

Use your own glove choice not be played again by a coward boxer who is taking away your only advantage.

Which is your power. Use your punchers gloves you win this.

Remember the time. Floyd looked like a loser and had to sit on his heals before the ring announcement who won that night. That's how painful your punches were. Now imagine you wearing your Mx gloves Maidana. You will truly be king.

Comment

Thought Floyd won it fair 115-113..

Maidana started off strong and was up 4-2 after 6 rds, but then his work rate dropped and Floyd took over and win 5 out of the last 6..

That's how I scored it live and still stand by it..

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  how can you support a bum like maidana ? didn't he lose to king khan lol
                  And.... lol

Comment

Incredible what a simple mugging can yield. Never understood why the likes of Canelo, Guerrero and many others thought it was a good idea to stand in the center of the ring with Mayweather. Never ceases to amaze just how incredibly stupid some of these guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      Incredible what a simple mugging can yield. Never understood why the likes of Canelo, Guerrero and many others thought it was a good idea to stand in the center of the ring with Mayweather. Never ceases to amaze just how incredibly stupid some of these guys are.
                      To be fair, Mayweathers greatness awes alot of people, the buildup to the fight, being in the ring with the p4p king, it freezes them, they don't execute their fight plan, then they get frustrated when they cant' hit him and get schooled or outboxed. Maidana just has zero respect for Mayweather and kept his cool in the ring, and applied effective pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X