No announcement yet.

Top 5 best punchers that dint have bricks for fists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 best punchers that dint have bricks for fists

Top 5 punchers in history that could use speed, leverage, explosiveness and timing to knockout there opponents without being born with very hard or heavy hands.

Terry Norris came to my mind.

Comment

Roy jones
      Juan m Marquez
      Alexis arguello
      Ray Leonard

Comment

Meldrick Taylor

Comment

Leonard and RJJ come to mind.

Also, James Toney. He had more one punch KOs than some really heavy handed guys because of timing and accuracy.

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Meldrick Taylor
          Taylor was a modest power puncher.

Comment

Morales and Barrera weren't heavy handed but had their share of stops

Kosta tzsyu?

Comment

Was gonna say Barrera too. What about Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                Top 5 punchers in history that could use speed, leverage, explosiveness and timing to knockout there opponents without being born with very hard or heavy hands.
                I am not sure if you want to exclude all fighters that could be considered to have some degree of heavy-hands, or just those with VERY heavy-hands. Could you please clarify?

Comment

Thomas Hearns. Sure some may consider him heavy handed but he meets these qualifications:

Hearns as an amateur had a low ko percentage and was not considered to have power. As a pro he developed his power and perfected his speed, leverage, explosiveness and timing to knockout his opponents.

Comment

^I think that had to do with the physical maturation of his body, as the muscles and bones of his legs and upperbody were still developing and I believe that's a crucial aspect of punching power.

Comment

Working...
                    X