Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Dallas Jr.....WHO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither the Judah or Alexander fights were robberies. Matthysse can be outboxed. Matthysse has trouble with guys who don't stand still for him. Mike Dallas lost in round 1. LM did what he had to do, but Dallas was a bum. LM made weight 140, and came in at 163. Floyd fights Marquez, and people don't know what weight Floyd came into the ring against Marquez by fight time yet assume it must've been over 160 so that Marquez has an excuse in case he loses. What gives? Oh, Matthysse goes for the knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      NO ONE thought this fight was good, especially those of us who like Matthysse. And the only people who thought the Lundy fight was good are the people who don't think Matthysse is very good and were deluding themselves into believing Lundy could beat him.

His fans, like myself, were angry at both fights, because they are ridiculous fights for a guy like Matthysse to be fighting. We want to see him fight the best, but the best are avoiding him.

And I'll just keep repeating this every time someone brings up Judah and Alexander. Number one, most people don't believe he lost either fight, and there's literally no way Alexander beat him. Secondly, if people can't see the difference in Matthysse from those fights to now, its only because they are purposely blinding themselves.
      People bring up Matthysse "losing" to Devon and Judah when they in fact lost to him 2-3 years ago and then ignore his terrific improvement and then bring up Broner's improvement like he wasnt on the upside of a controversial decision that many thought he lost to ponce de leon not 2 years ago. Yet he has improved. Same with Canelo but he continues to face **** opponents without 1 good fight.

People are complaining that Lucas' opponents? Thats because his entire division is avoiding him like little pu$$ies and he has to settle for these type of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Neither the Judah or Alexander fights were robberies.
        Judah got a gift. it was close but clear for LM. Matthysse started pretty slow, though. that didn't help him.

in that way, Lucas sets himself up to be 'outclassed' (at least for significant spells) by guys who possess the physical tools. he's not the kind of guy who sets a pace, generally speaking. he's a methodically technical fighter, very deliberate and measured. quick guys will get a lead on him early.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          I don't recall you being the one of those guys. But they were here and I think if Lundy and Dallas are acceptable then we have another Manny situation, where fans want to see Lucas KO someone and will justify any opponent.

I agree the Alexander fight should have gone to Lucas but it wasn't a robbery IMO. The zab fight Istrongly disagree. If the fight went 1 more round, he would've knocked zab out. That said, he gave away too much too early. I'd pick lucas in the rematch because he'd fight smarter.

Since the zab fight, other than Devon he has fought chop chop, soto, olusegon and 2 bums.
          Respectfully he has improved but the quality of opposition is well below zab. He has been given opponents to look good, which he has.

Everyone wants to fight the best because the best usually means more money. I know on NSB, avoiding is the thing, but in reality Lucas having to withdraw from the Morales fight hurt his career progression.

He will eventually get big fights, like the way Hagler got them.
          Bull**** he has settled for **** opponents because everybody else is avoiding him.

Alexander fight wasnt a robbery? Well its obvious you cant be taken seriously. Whats next Rios beat Abril fair and square, or maybe Roy jones wasnt robbed by Park Si-Hun in the '88 olympic?

And against Judah he gave the fight away early? Remind me how fights are scored on only the early rounds and not 1 round at a time for 12 rounds? Yea Zab won a few rounds in the beginning and then Lucas took over minus the 8th round i think. But Zab is a "boxer" and fancy footwork wins fights even tho the other guy is out landing you , especially almost 3-1 in power punches

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            People bring up Matthysse "losing" to Devon and Judah when they in fact lost to him 2-3 years ago and then ignore his terrific improvement and then bring up Broner's improvement like he wasnt on the upside of a controversial decision that many thought he lost to ponce de leon not 2 years ago. Yet he has improved. Same with Canelo but he continues to face **** opponents without 1 good fight.

People are complaining that Lucas' opponents? Thats because his entire division is avoiding him like little pu$$ies and he has to settle for these type of fights.
            Lol. Let's compare a 20 yo kid to a prime 28 yo rite? That's very disingenuous of u. I'm not even saying mathysse hasn't improved but its nowhere near the same thing. Mathysse was pretty much prime when.he got his fights against both Judah and Bradley. Brother is nowhere near that stage, his growth and potential are not at all on the same level as a fighter 10 yrs older than him. Just stop it. Lucas may have improved but if he fought wither Judah or Alexander today, I think we get similar fights. Mike Dallas does not change that fact. Mathysse is just the new foreign ko artist that every finds it cool.to hype. Happens around here regularly. Its so bad that u guys vehemently defended him weighing over 160.on fight night. Lol. Why? Not sure but the hype.isn't warranted. And neither are the diehard fans.

Comment

or its because his promoter and the matchmaker realized that Lucas gave away rounds to zab (and devon even though I thought LM won) that he shouldn't have so they decided to match him against fighters a level or 2 below zab to give him a better chance of winning.

He definitely has improved, but its against low level competition.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                Judah got a gift. it was close but clear for LM. Matthysse started pretty slow, though. that didn't help him.

in that way, Lucas sets himself up to be 'outclassed' (at least for significant spells) by guys who possess the physical tools. he's not the kind of guy who sets a pace, generally speaking. he's a methodically technical fighter, very deliberate and measured. quick guys will get a lead on him early.
                And this will always be the case and this is why I think he's exactly like Mikey Garcia. And this is exactly why I laugh at the idea that he will dominate Broner or Garcia or that him and floyd is a good fight (wtf). He could.win.both of the former fights, no.doubt. But I so not see any dominations. Mathysse will never be that type.of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Lol. Let's compare a 20 yo kid to a prime 28 yo rite? That's very disingenuous of u. I'm not even saying mathysse hasn't improved but its nowhere near the same thing. Mathysse was pretty much prime when.he got his fights against both Judah and Bradley. Brother is nowhere near that stage, his growth and potential are not at all on the same level as a fighter 10 yrs older than him. Just stop it. Lucas may have improved but if he fought wither Judah or Alexander today, I think we get similar fights. Mike Dallas does not change that fact. Mathysse is just the new foreign ko artist that every finds it cool.to hype. Happens around here regularly. Its so bad that u guys vehemently defended him weighing over 160.on fight night. Lol. Why? Not sure but the hype.isn't warranted. And neither are the diehard fans.
                  Green is green, age doesn't matter. Matthysse had never been on that stage before, and it showed in his gameplan against Judah. There's a clear difference, he fights the way he did late against Judah from the beginning, and if he had done that against Judah he would have stopped him. He didn't fight that way against Judah because he was green, and worried about gassing late.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Green is green, age doesn't matter. Matthysse had never been on that stage before, and it showed in his gameplan against Judah. There's a clear difference, he fights the way he did late against Judah from the beginning, and if he had done that against Judah he would have stopped him. He didn't fight that way against Judah because he was green, and worried about gassing late.
                    Lol stop it. Judah was never in any trouble of being stopped and it has nothing to.do with being green. Its his temperment. That's the way he fights. He's methodical. He's not some all out balls out pressure fighter please stop making him out to be so. Its just not true.

Comment

Bull**** he has settled for **** opponents because everybody else is avoiding him.

Alexander fight wasnt a robbery? Well its obvious you cant be taken seriously. Whats next Rios beat Abril fair and square, or maybe Roy jones wasnt robbed by Park Si-Hun in the '88 olympic?

And against Judah he gave the fight away early? Remind me how fights are scored on only the early rounds and not 1 round at a time for 12 rounds? Yea Zab won a few rounds in the beginning and then Lucas took over minus the 8th round i think. But Zab is a "boxer" and fancy footwork wins fights even tho the other guy is out landing you , especially almost 3-1 in power punches
                      I thought LM won but it wasn't a robbery. to compare them to roy or rios/abril is ridiculous IMO.

LM landed more. That means he won the rds he won huge, but he still only wins them 10-9. The fact that he threw so much late is indicative of him being told he needed a KO to win because he was behind.

Its easy to call everyone scared, thats the NSB way. Not reality. LM is a damn good boxer but his last 5 wins are against 2nd and 3rd tier JWW's.

Comment

Working...
                      X