Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd did not fight Baldomir after the Judah fight he would have been crusified

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    The Clottey fight was 93-95 by the 11th round DQ.
    According to boxrec he was up 95-93 on two cards and 96-92 on another.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      No they weren't.
      Yes they were. The odds opened up in 2010 mid summer for Mayweather at -195 to Pac at +185

Comment

Floyd had to fight Baldomir. Baldomir beat the real champ & had his cindarella story flying high. We simply cannot act like those facts never existed.

However, the fight that was useless was Floyd/Judah. There was no reason on God's green earth for that fight to take place. Margarito would have been the fight to make. You can't ducked a just defeated champ so we know no excuse about ducking would have surfaced.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          These comments were from before the Gatti fight. Floyd was never going to fight in the UK regardless of Hatton being the man at the weight.

He wanted the fight on his terms when he had no right, you want to beat the champ in the division - you go to his backyard - and that man was Hatton.

You don't see Klitschko coming to London to fight Haye or Chisora

Floyd lives in Las Vegas ffs. They keep him out of jail so he can bring more money into the city. How in the hell is that a neutral venue for him?

In any event, he had no right to a neutral territory, Hatton was the man at 140. Floyd should have travelled to the champ, not the other way around.

at 147 where Hatton was weak, in Floyd's backyard, with Floyd's corrupt pet ref.
          kill the excuses man,just stop ,Hatton was never on Floyds level and got embarassed

Comment

watch some other fighters and you may have some new and more interesting thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Floyd had to fight Baldomir. Baldomir beat the real champ & had his cindarella story flying high. We simply cannot act like those facts never existed.

However, the fight that was useless was Floyd/Judah. There was no reason on God's green earth for that fight to take place. Margarito would have been the fight to make. You can't ducked a just defeated champ so we know no excuse about ducking would have surfaced.
              It was the same situation as Pacquiao-Morales-Raheem.

Raheem was just a tune up for Morales to fight Pacquiao the second time. The fight was signed and sealed, so it happened anyway. But it was pointless because Morales lost.

Same with Mayweather-Judah-Baldomir. HBO had already signed the fight.

The only difference here is that Mayweather actually fought both, the guy who got upset and the upsetter. Pacquiao fought the guy who got upset and ducked Raheem the upsetter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
                Yes they were. The odds opened up in 2010 mid summer for Mayweather at -195 to Pac at +185
                I found a few much closer than that at around 150- Floyd 120+ Manny makes Floyd a slightly favored.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  One went 8 months, one went 16 months. Which is more inactive? I'm not the one rewriting history.

WTF am I even doing in this thread, Floyd nuthuggers aren't worth the effort. I'm out.
                  LOL Take it easy man... If you look at things short term, then yes you are right and it seems as if Floyd was more active because he had 1 fight more recently then Shane did. However, you can not discount the fact that Floyd only had one fight since Dec of 2007. Even though Mosley did have a gap between fights, it wasnt Floyd's fault that the Berto/Mosley fight was cancelled due to the Haiti earthquakes and Berto lost family members.. Both guys (Floyd/Mosley) were looking for fights after this happened. Negotiations fell through for Floyd/Pac, and since Mosley had just became open, it was the right fight to make happen. When you talk about Mosley being inactive, you make it seem as if he was sitting on the sidelines doing absolutely nothing, then Floyd just happened to agree to fight him. When we all know he was at least in sparring/training because he was suppose to fight Berto a few months earlier.

I can also understand why the guy keeps asking you to stop re-writing history.. I hope you understand wheere I am coming from with this post
                  Last edited by R-NEAL; 01-19-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    It was the same situation as Pacquiao-Morales-Raheem.

Raheem was just a tune up for Morales to fight Pacquiao the second time. The fight was signed and sealed, so it happened anyway. But it was pointless because Morales lost.

Same with Mayweather-Judah-Baldomir. HBO had already signed the fight.

The only difference here is that Mayweather actually fought both, the guy who got upset and the upsetter. Pacquiao fought the guy who got upset and ducked Raheem the upsetter.
                    Ohh, I agree, but I wasn't aware we were talking about Pacman too. The other thing to look at on the point of Pacman is Morales owned a W over him still making their fight more understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by -kev- View Post
                      it was the same situation as pacquiao-morales-raheem.

Raheem was just a tune up for morales to fight pacquiao the second time. The fight was signed and sealed, so it happened anyway. But it was pointless because morales lost.

Same with mayweather-judah-baldomir. Hbo had already signed the fight.

The only difference here is that mayweather actually fought both, the guy who got upset and the upsetter. Pacquiao fought the guy who got upset and ducked raheem the upsetter.
                      ^^^^^^ this

Comment

Working...
                      X