No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Kessler Could Get Froch, Ward is Protected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    What on earth makes you say that? I watched the Kessler - Froch fight earlier today and some of the american commentators had it 11-1 Kessler! Kessler hadn't fought for a year when he went in against Froch, and with the cuts and all.. uhgf.

If they fight again, Kessler will beat Froch by a wider margin. It's funny to see how a fighter can from 0 - 100 based on a win over Bute. Don't get me wrong, I like Carl Froch a lot actually, big fan of his. But Mikkel Kessler fully fit is an animal. Plus he's my neighbour.
    Froch was never a zero terrible post you are talking about a guy who is coming off the toughest run of opponents in boxing and your acting like beating Bute is the only thing he's achieved. For the record the Kessler fight was close and could have gone either way anyone who scored the fight 11-1 simply does not know how to score fights.

Also Froch will beat Kessler in a rematch.

Comment

It sounds like Sauerland wanted Ward in Denmark but he was unwilling to go there whereas Froch is willing to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        What on earth makes you say that? I watched the Kessler - Froch fight earlier today and some of the american commentators had it 11-1 Kessler! Kessler hadn't fought for a year when he went in against Froch, and with the cuts and all.. uhgf.

If they fight again, Kessler will beat Froch by a wider margin. It's funny to see how a fighter can from 0 - 100 based on a win over Bute. Don't get me wrong, I like Carl Froch a lot actually, big fan of his. But Mikkel Kessler fully fit is an animal. Plus he's my neighbour.
        11-1 is just ridiculous. It was a close, close fight.

I think Froch had kind of an off night, and if anything he's better now then he was back then. Kessler on the other hand isn't as good as he was back when he fought Calzaghe etc, and I don't see him getting any better at this point...

I'm by no means a huge fan of Froch, or even a fan really. And I don't think he's some kind of monster after the Bute KO. Ward would schools him again. But you gotta respect him for taking tough, tough fights pretty much everytime. Plus, he's a funny guy.

Hopefully the fight gets made between Froch and Kessler in Copenhagen, it'll be another great fight and I will try to get tickets for sure. 117-111 Froch.
        Last edited by Bring It On; 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I wouldn' put too much stock into Ward's new found "power", Dawson was weight drained and getting dropped in sparring.

that's not Ward's fault at all but I still can't give him credit for Dawson being an idiot.

Ward probably beats Kessler 9 times out of 10 simply because Kessler has ZERO inside game. Kessler's only chance to catch Ward but that's not easy.

I would give Froch a better chance against Ward, not much but a better chance. Ward is a gritty fighter but doesn't do as well against a brawler.

just look at Ward vs Bika, forget the judges cards, it was a close fight. even in the last two rounds of Ward vs Froch, Ward was starting to fade in the 12th but it was too little too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHANY7Gre7o

Froch has to be dirty from round 1 to 12, that would be his only chance.

Comment

I really want to see Froch/Kessler II. Saying Ward is protected is funny though. Protected from what? He beats all supermiddles at the moment. Dude does need an away game though.

Comment

"Ward is protected". That might be one of the 25 most stupid comments I have ever heard in Boxing. He has fought a whose who of Boxing and after winning the 168 pound tournament, instead of fighting a bunch of setups, he fights the light heavyweight top dog. Ward is not the one who made Dawson come down in weight, Dawson was. WHO has Ward not fought that he was supposed to??!!!!

Comment

Kessler-Froch II is the best fight at 168 IMO.

Two top level fighters who are tailor made for one another, style wise. There are a lot of big fights than can be boring, Kessler and Froch could fight 100 times and they would all be excellent fights.

I had the first fight as a draw and I think the rematch will be very similar, the home fighter wins.

Comment

Froch-Kessler II is a better match up then Ward-Kessler II imo......

Comment

lmao yeah, protected after making you look like a damn ameteur!

Comment

It sounds like Saurland thinks they run the show and that their boy Kessler calls the shots
                      what the hell have they been doing the past two years?
                      Ward calls the shots if you dont like it then go fight some bum in your back yard
                      as far as a Froch rematch Carl KO's Kessler within 8

Comment

Working...
                      X