No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says - I'll Fight "Five More Times"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Floyd fought an Ortiz that we all saw lose his heart against Maidana, draw with Peterson and get knocked down twice in the fight previous to Floyd.

The above plus, naive Ortiz only fought one fight at WW and was still learning ....

Note:
    - Peterson countered Ortiz well. So imagine Floyd? You think Floyd didn't see that?
    - Berto was being punked around before the Ortiz fight because he was known to have fought a lot of no names .... and everyone was demanding him to step it up. Like I said, Berto knocked him down twice .... if Berto had better defense for Ortiz's punches, who knows how it would have turned out.

Ortiz needed more time (rounds) before facing someone like Floyd .... for that reason, for Floyd Ortiz was perfect!

so if he fights Canelo, it will be for the same reason .... Canelo has yet to beat anyone substantial and needs a lot more experience ..... but all you care about is "is the fighter strong"
    So who in your eyes has may ducked? Someone in thier prime too? I'll give ya cotto 09.

Comment

• Originally posted by shonuff488 View Post
      If he wins all 5 of those fights he can definitely make a case for the g.o.a.t. He would easily be top 5.
      Tell be your top 5 please?

I got a list of top 5 but i aint got no fighters from back in da day.

Lennox Lewis
      De la hoya
      Mayweather
      RJJ
      Tommy hearns (Beast)

Comment

• when was the last time any fighter fought 6 strong champions in a row...let alone for their last 6 fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          when was the last time any fighter fought 6 strong champions in a row...let alone for their last 6 fights.
          Froch? Even though i hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) is looking to fight five more times before retiring from the sport. Mayweather, 35-years-old, returns on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. He faces WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs). Mayweather wants to have at least two fights per year, which puts him on the path to retirement at age 37. On June 1, Mayweather will report to the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas to spend 87 days in jail for a domestic abuse charge. He wants to take another fight in the fall.

[Click Here To Read More]
            I don't even have to read the messages on this board to know what the Pac worshippers are saying. Mayweather said he is not looking to fight five strong champions. The fact is that Pac has not fought five strong champions in his entire career.

Comment

• Plain as day...Floyd is going to rematch Judah at 154 in the fall

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Plain as day...Floyd is going to rematch Judah at 154 in the fall
                Khan rematches Judah i reckon after he wipes the floor with peterson.

Comment

• Dont care who the other 3 guys are as long as he fights Martinez & Pac.

Not that it'll happen lol

Comment

• looks like I'm late on my reply but really???? He's a great fighter one that could challenge someone and win as he has done his whole career but really 3 more years? As great as you may be every fight takes it toll, regardless if you get hit alot or not. If noone out there is worthy and fights him no big deal he will be 42-0 + some, but he will always be regarded as a fighter that chose not to fight his fight......Pac(regardless of who or who may not win). A true champion fights regardless of what or whatnot may be at stake and imo....he has not done so, so lets decide who is 1/4 for 1/4 at this point.

Comment

• Let me guess:
                      1. Ivan Calderon
                      2. Juanma Lopez
                      3. Likar Ramos
                      4. Abe Concepcion
                      5. Paulie Malignaggi

Comment

Working...
                      X