No announcement yet.

A question for latinos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for latinos

I've read a few quotes from among others Jessica Alba where she said how she was shunned by the Mexican and latin community for not being Mexican/latin enough. She also said Cameron Diaz is actually more latin than she is but doesn't get accepted as latin because she has blonde hair and blue eyes. So I guess my question for you is...what is TRUE latin for you? Does a man or a woman have to have dark hair and eyes to be accepted as latin? I mean REALLY accepted, not just formally.

what? alba and diaz are not...white?

the deception!

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post

the deception!
      Well, poor Jess doesn't consider herself neither white nor latin...its a tough situation. But she grew up in a Mexican community. And got a Hispanic last name.

Comment

I think Mexicans only like you if you were born and raised in Mexico. Just take a look at canelo. He's accepted by the Mexican community even though he's a ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post

the deception!
          Not sure how anyone can say Cameron Diaz isnt white...of course she is.......

Where someone is born does not determine their race........

Comment

Originally posted by Hemiunu View Post
            I think Mexicans only like you if you were born and raised in Mexico. Just take a look at canelo. He's accepted by the Mexican community even though he's a ginger.
            You said something there. And Jessica has given some statements where she said she cannot be considered Mexican and that she's happy she has cut loose from that whole "thing".

Comment

Cameron Diaz is a white Latina...
              I actually didn't know she was Latin for the longest time though since she never speaks Spanish or shows up on Spanish television.
              I thought the last name was a bit odd but I've seen other white people with ethnic sounding last names that aren't.
              It may just be that most Latinos don't know she's Latina..

& I don't know anyone who doesn't consider Alba a Latina..

Comment

If u got the mexican/Spanish last name and have roots to Mexico then u are mexican

Comment

Whether they speak spanish or not.

Comment

if they latin why them bit.ches aint got no ass huh? ever ask yoself that? them white bit.ches aint no mufukin latinas mane, them white bit.ches, plain bagel

Comment

Working...
                    X