Khan :Guerrero woulda made Maidana look silly anyway"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan :Guerrero woulda made Maidana look silly anyway"

Briton says ‘Chino’ had lucky ecaspe

WBA and IBF light-welterweight champion Amir Khan believes 2010 ‘Fight of the year’ opponent Marcos Maidana is fortunate that Robert Guerrero is unable to fulfil their August 27th fight date.

The WBN pound for pound number seven is adamant that the Californian would have been a major obstacle for his former foe to overcome and claim the WBA ‘regular’ title formerly held by the now unified belt holder.

The 24 year-old was berated by Maidana for a remark about Guerrero being paid out of the fight by 'Chino' in a bid to avoid him, but ‘King’ Khan has since revealed to WBN that he holds the three-weight world champion in high regard.

“I think it would have been a good fight and it’s a shame it’s off,” Khan exclusively told World Boxing News.

“It could be true that Guerrero is injured because he is a warrior and wouldn’t back out.

“Maidana is beatable and Guerrero is a good boxer, who would have made him look silly at times.”

Maidana, 28, had hoped to gain a return fight against Khan since losing a tight points decision in December last year and had the opportunity to claim the Bolton fighters’ old title until the bout collapsed, which Khan believes may be a blessing in disguise for the Argentinian.

“Maidana is lucky. I am the only guy who is fighting the best in the division and I have already beaten him by unanimous decision.

“That is why I am the number one in the division,” stated the double title-holder.

He probably would have. Wonder if the fight gets rescheduled.....?

Comment

Unlike you who only won like 7 rounds to Maidana's 5 rounds on the judges official scorecards. Did you enjoy eating Maidana's jab? Did you enjoy the way Joe Cortez pushed Maidana off you and kept him constantly away from you?

If Cortez didn't **** up the fight you could have been KO'd late in the fight and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        Unlike you who only won like 7 rounds to Maidana's 5 rounds on the judges official scorecards. Did you enjoy eating Maidana's jab? Did you enjoy the way Joe Cortez pushed Maidana off you and kept him constantly away from you?
        He enjoyed getting his hand raised at the end, bet your ball sack on that

Comment

Why does this bum have such a big mouth? Sad.
          Last edited by Explosions; 08-18-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Khan ducked foty rematch.

Pacquiao and Morales are real warriors unlike Khanjob. It makes me sick to my stomach that Khan ducks a rematch against the opponent who gave him a fight.

Comment

maidana is ducking the morales rematch, the **** yuou talin bout?

Comment

Maidana is ducking a Chop Chop rematch

Comment

a khan-guerrero agreement has been verbally made pending morales loses to mattyhse and guerrero doesn't want to risk his big khan payday by possibly losing to maidana so he pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    a khan-guerrero agreement has been verbally made pending morales loses to mattyhse and guerrero doesn't want to risk his big khan payday by possibly losing to maidana so he pulled out.
                    You could be right, man.

I'm sceptical about Guerrero's pull-out.

Comment

Working...
                    X