Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
    I have yet to read of any PEDS that doesn't require intense training for it to have benefits. Also, conte's statement at that point is pretty vague.

He doesn't mention what specific PEDS they were, nor did he ever mention that those unknown drugs DO NOT REQUIRE TRAINING to benefit users.

Basing your opinion on something so vague that so many contradictory assumptions can be made of it isn't a good ground to stand on.
    Vague or not, he mentions intense training for one thing only. Infer what you want but you can't change that fact.

Comment

I have yet to read of any PEDS that doesn't require intense training for it to have benefits. Also, conte's statement at that point is pretty vague.

He doesn't mention what specific PEDS they were, nor did he ever mention that those unknown drugs DO NOT REQUIRE TRAINING to benefit users.

Basing your opinion on something so vague that so many contradictory assumptions can be made of it isn't a good ground to stand on.
      EPO gives you greater stamina by increasing the red blood cells. Just like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Again, please provide proof that Pac stated he believes all training is equally intense. I'd rather not agree to disagree with someone who makes up lies just to excuse a fighter.
        You do realize that you are the only one pointing out that Manny's lying at this situation. Neither Floyd jr., Floyd sr., nor even Roger who constantly verbally thrashes Manny has a problem with this.

You are merely forcing an issue that simply does not exist. If you still cannot see this, then there really is nothing more that i can say.

Actually, you may even start a thread pointing out this particular "lie" manny is saying and see how many agree with you. i'm sure though that there are some who would agree with you, but that would just be few and far in between.

Comment

Vague or not, he mentions intense training for one thing only. Infer what you want but you can't change that fact.
          How are you sure that he meant it for that one thing only? How do you know that he meant that it applied to ALL the peds he was talking about?

You are also inferring that he meant only that one thing but the truth is, it could go either way.

Comment

You do realize that you are the only one pointing out that Manny's lying at this situation. Neither Floyd jr., Floyd sr., nor even Roger who constantly verbally thrashes Manny has a problem with this.

You are merely forcing an issue that simply does not exist. If you still cannot see this, then there really is nothing more that i can say.

Actually, you may even start a thread pointing out this particular "lie" manny is saying and see how many agree with you. i'm sure though that there are some who would agree with you, but that would just be few and far in between.
            Again, I stated that Manny Pacquiao said he did not want to be tested 14 days out because he was going through very intense training.

You said he probably said that because Pacquiao believes all training is intense.

Do you know this for a fact? If yes, please show how. if not, please retract the statement. I am stepping out for breakfast. But I'd appreciate it if you try not to go off on a tangent (as you did in this previous post). Let's stick to what we were discussing. I'll shut up when you prove me wrong. Until then, you are making up lies.

Comment

How are you sure that he meant it for that one thing only? How do you know that he meant that it applied to ALL the peds he was talking about?

You are also inferring that he meant only that one thing but the truth is, it could go either way.
              EPO doesn't require intense training. No form of blood doping does. Are we finished here?

Comment

Again, I stated that Manny Pacquiao said he did not want to be tested 14 days out because he was going through very intense training.

You said he probably said that because Pacquiao believes all training is intense.

Do you know this for a fact? If yes, please show how. if not, please retract the statement. I am stepping out for breakfast. But I'd appreciate it if you try not to go off on a tangent (as you did in this previous post). Let's stick to what we were discussing. I'll shut up when you prove me wrong. Until then, you are making up lies.
                Where may i ask manny saying that he was going through "very intense training" 14 days before the fight?

Comment

EPO doesn't require intense training. No form of blood doping does. Are we finished here?
                  For cyclists, its true. But not for boxers for some reason. Otherwise, why would tygart of USADA say this?:

Originally Posted by T.I. View Post
                  From Tygart (USADA):

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."

Q: One other thing I wanted to touch base with you on -- when the Mayweather-Pacquiao discussions finally fell apart at the beginning of the month, it came down to a 10-day differential; Mayweather bent to 'I'll agree to 14 days prior to the event when there will be no blood testing,' and Pacquiao wouldn't go later than 24 days. Even if Mayweather had yielded to 24 days, what can an athlete do in 24 days? I mean, if you're clean 24 days before the fight, what can you do in the next 24 days that would have any impact on the fight whatsoever?

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html

Comment

• Also, notice that if you only need to shoot up EPO for it to be effective, then why don't boxers take it ONLY ON THE DAY OF THE FIGHT?

Fact is, for boxers, EPO still needs to be taken for a period of time WITH INTENSE TRAINING.

I won't pretend to know why cycling and boxing treat EPO differently, but that simply is the case. Just like you don't need to know how a vehicle runs on fuel so say that it does run on fuel.

Comment

For cyclists, its true. But not for boxers for some reason. Otherwise, why would tygart of USADA say this?:

Originally Posted by T.I. View Post
                      From Tygart (USADA):

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."

Q: One other thing I wanted to touch base with you on -- when the Mayweather-Pacquiao discussions finally fell apart at the beginning of the month, it came down to a 10-day differential; Mayweather bent to 'I'll agree to 14 days prior to the event when there will be no blood testing,' and Pacquiao wouldn't go later than 24 days. Even if Mayweather had yielded to 24 days, what can an athlete do in 24 days? I mean, if you're clean 24 days before the fight, what can you do in the next 24 days that would have any impact on the fight whatsoever?

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html
                      ^^^^ Has nothing to do with PED's being effective or not in 14 days.

Look EPO raises the level of red blood cells hence enhances oxygen transportation. doesn't matter what kind of athlete you are. Fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X