No announcement yet.

Barrera-Soto, please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrera-Soto, please

Y'know something, I really like this fight. Regardless of De Jesus' standing, Barrera fought well and looked sharp out there IMO. It was nice to see him back doing his thing after that Khan farce.

So why not have him and Soto meet at 140? It could be a crackin' fight between 2 Mexican warriors, and possibly FOTY material if they let it all hang out in there. Make it happen, Uncle Bob.

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    Y'know something, I really like this fight. Regardless of De Jesus' standing, Barrera fought well and looked sharp out there IMO. It was nice to see him back doing his thing after that Khan farce.

So why not have him and Soto meet at 140? It could be a crackin' fight between 2 Mexican warriors, and possibly FOTY material if they let it all hang out in there. Make it happen, Uncle Bob.
    I dont think I could bring my self with it since i favor soto to win, it would make me depressed if he did lol.

Comment

I also thought he looked sharp or i guess sharper than what i thought he would be. I guess i keep imagining castillo in there. Neways he didnt look bad at all Jab was good refelxes were all there. I think he STOPS Soto. I mean he looked like he was in shape.

Comment

But didnt Soto win the LW title?

It would be a good fight if Barrera can make 135.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          But didnt Soto win the LW title?

It would be a good fight if Barrera can make 135.
          It was his first fight in over a year. I'm sure he can get back down to 135 if he trained hard enough.

Seeing guys struggle to make weight like this makes me wish everyone worked as hard as Bernard Hopkins in the gym...

Comment

zorrita would blow by him in a fight now...barrera looked sharp but not sharp enough.

Comment

Barrera should even at this stage of his career easily make 135

Comment

I think it's a winnable fight for Barrera. Soto doesn't seem suited for 135 for me. He was much more explosive at 130.

Comment

Working...
                X